“Not a big fan”
Review of Mason Street Grill

Mason Street Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mason Street Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,547 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Description: Welcome to Mason Street Grill, where our world-renown steaks, warm ambiance and gracious staff are waiting to make your ordinary day extraordinary! Whether entertaining colleagues or dining with special friends Mason Street Grill’s lunch and dinner menus are sure to please every appetite. Enjoy happy-hour in our Lounge while listening to Milwaukee’s best live jazz, Monday-Saturday. Our private dining rooms are perfect for business meetings, social gatherings, and feature our culinary team’s outstanding customized menus. Come on in and make yourself comfortable, and let us take care of the rest!
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Maybe it was my poor choice but Mason Street Grill has a selection of Sunday specials (set means with a "value" theme I suppose). They are supposedly known for their steaks so I selected the petite prime rib as the Sunday special. I was very disappointed when the rib came out basically cold, flavorless, and a bit thick with grease. I was not happy and would have returned the cut except that I had an out of town visitor there with me. I can only say that I'm glad my visitor did not order this meal.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I try to do a date night once a month, and we always find ourselves going back to Mason Street Grille. We try different restaurants and nothing compares to the service, quality and atmosphere we get here.

Eric G, General Manager at Mason Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

It is always our pleasure to have your wife and yourself at Mason Street Grill. I am glad that we have been able to live up to your expectations time after time. I understand how important those monthly date nights are and look forward to celebrating more with you in the future. Please feel free to let me know if I can ever do anything for you.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Pfister for our anniversary and during our stay we had the pleasure of dinning at the Mason Street Grill . My wife had a steak cooked to perfection just as she ordered it and I had a Italian dish that was amazing and very delicious .
We were treated as though we were family and the service was outstanding , we were treated to a special desert in honor of our anniversary .
We will definitely go back when we are in Milwaukee this establishment is great for fine dining and atmosphere and the staff is great.
Thanks to all at the Mason Street Grill.
Janet and Jerry Lease

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been to the Mason Street Grill several times, and have always had great food and great service. This last time, both my daughter and I had the filet; both were overdone. Sadly, the waiter was too busy to check on us. When he finally noticed that we were not eating our meals, he stopped by. The manager also came over, and they ended up giving us free dessert. Nice, but not the terrific experience we are so used to at the Pfister/Mason Street Grill.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I called to see if they were open on Christmas Day. We couldn't get a table, but we love sitting at the kitchen counter, where seats were available on a first come-first serve basis. It may be a bit noisy there, but I love watching the staff work. My husband ordered the special turkey dinner for the day and I ordered petite fillets off the menu. Both dinners were delicious. The whipped sweet potatoes topped with marshmallow creme was amazing! We love eating here. I also completed a survey for them and received a very nice letter from the assistant manager in reply. I think that was a nice touch. We will definitely be back.