“Horrible Service”
Review of Mason Street Grill

Mason Street Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mason Street Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,574 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Description: Welcome to Mason Street Grill, where our world-renown steaks, warm ambiance and gracious staff are waiting to make your ordinary day extraordinary! Whether entertaining colleagues or dining with special friends Mason Street Grill’s lunch and dinner menus are sure to please every appetite. Enjoy happy-hour in our Lounge while listening to Milwaukee’s best live jazz, Monday-Saturday. Our private dining rooms are perfect for business meetings, social gatherings, and feature our culinary team’s outstanding customized menus. Come on in and make yourself comfortable, and let us take care of the rest!
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Food was okay, but service was just awful. Forgot to bring salads, asked for a fork (first one taken away with appetizers) never got one. Had to walk into the kitchen and retrieve our own fork! Balance of dinner was delivered finally, two of the entrees were cold. No apology, no excuses. Apparently they have too much business to care about a customer coming back or talking it up!

1  Thank Pam R
ecarrella, General Manager at Mason Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Paula,
Thank you so much for your time in speaking with me yesterday, I truly appreciate the feedback that was given regarding your last visit with us last year. I know we have worked really hard in improving our service and feel we have a great staff that will take great care of you the next time you dine with us. Feel free to contact me at any time when you make your reservation so I can personally assure that your dining experience is a great one.

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Just went there after my husband investigated all the Milwaukee downtown restaurants. It was decided we would celebrate our anniversary at the Mason Street Grill. He ordered full rack of ribs and I ordered the petite filet. In addition, they have a a trio to order sides and that was well worth the money. Manager Heather came and asked how our food was and I didn't want to say my steak was over done, but my husband did. She immediately without hesitation agreed and I had a new steak within five minutes. I was very impressed with the quick responsiveness to fix the problem. Thank you Dan and Heather for the special dessert and champagne toast for our anniversary and making the night very special.

1  Thank Chuck1978
ecarrella, General Manager at Mason Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Now that's a glowing endorsement. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and that Heather was able to fix your steak in a prompt fashion. We pride ourselves on consistant food but as you saw we sometimes make mistakes. But I am very happy to hear that we recognized the mistake and fixed it for you. I always say it's not the mistakes you make but how you handle it, and from your review we handled it well. Thank you again for your compliments and hope to see again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This will be a short review as I just wrote on this restaurant last spring but really wanted to give yet another thumbs - up to a really wonderful establishment. We wanted a certain booth and at first they said sadly that all booths of that configuration were booked. But when we arrived, they had arranged for us to have just what we wanted and it was lovely and so comfortable. (Just to explain, my 23 year old son is a severely autistic young dude and sitting in a semi-circle booth with us flanking him is the best possible configuration as he feels safe and cozy and we can help him with his eating) Anyway, they made it all work. The food was as great as always. I hadn't ordered Swordfish in many years but WOW it was fantastic. I'd convinced myself that it was a little on the strong fishy side for my taste but not here. It was very mild and had a wonderful flavor. I continue to highly recommend this great spot.

1  Thank gogirl51

Thank you so much for the great review. We are always so happy to serve great guests like yourself. We are glad you dined with us and look forward to serving you real soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I'm always nervous making a reservation that is larger than 6. This was a great spot as I am part of a large family and we wanted a celebrate a birthday. They provided us with perfect private room that was sized for 10 people. The service was amazing, and the food was 9 out of 10. I was very impressed and can't wait to go back and have another steak. Others in the group has the lobster and they loved it as well. Great cocktails as well!

ecarrella, General Manager at Mason Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

We never hesitate to take care of larger parties. We are just glad that chose Mason Street Grill for your dinner party. Thank you so much for the great compliments and hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very elegant spot. The fare is some of the best of Milwaukee. Good seafood. Chef does a nice job switching up the specials.

ecarrella, General Manager at Mason Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Cory,
Thank you for the nice compliments. The chef loves his seafood. He used to own his own seafood restuarant so he knows his stuff. This fall we will be chnaging our menu and adding some really nice seafood dishes. We hope you stop by and check our our new menu in October.