“Fantastic”
Review of La Merenda

La Merenda
Ranked #13 of 1,549 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 1st and Barclay
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I tried La Merenda last night with a group of 4 and it was, without exaggeration, one of the best meals I have ever eaten. We tried 8 different small plates ranging from $8 to $11. All of them were excellent, but my favorites were the argentinian beef and the duck confit crepes. If the weather permits, the outside dining area is beautiful, but you will definitely need a reservation.

1  Thank geobadger34

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went with three friends and all of us were from out of town. You would not know the place is there from the street but once you came inside there was no doubt you were somewhere that was going to be a dining experience. The menu was substantial with approx 20 different tapas. We ordered seven different ones and they were all great. The lamb was over the top. We had martini's and they were great. None of that small glass with a half pour crap. Leave that to the chain restaurants. The prices were very reasonable. Seemed like you paid below avg price for WAY above average food. This place was a lot of fun with a vibrant atmosphere and great menu. Definately would come here again if we are back in town.

1  Thank bekntony
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Took a friend that was staying with me from England to La Merenda on a random Wednesday and the place was ROCKING... still got a table right away. Shared a BUNCH of small plates - the ones that stand out are the beef stroganoff and duck confit crepes - seriously just amazing. It is a bit pricey, but for a special occasion definitely worth it. Good wine and beer list, good service... Will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Any place that supports local farmers & artisans is a plus. The menu has selections from all over the world. The waitress was very helpful in choosing items. I was disappointed with the patatas bravas. We also had 2 salads, short rib special & empanadas & they were all delicious. You can't beat the prices. Excellent value for the unique items & drink options. Location is on the sketchy side so take advantage of the free valet service.

1  Thank jcaeiouy
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My buddy who is a Tapas restaurant freak talked me into going to this place because they had half priced wine on Mondays. Not only was the wine a great value, but the food and service were excellent as well. We ate at the bar which I enjoy because you get to meet new people which was the case on this night as well. The tapas that we had were the following: Rushing Waters (rainbow trout pan seared and served over cilantro rice with a Bahamian coconut curry potatoes, and red bell peppers), Morrocan Lamb (braised lamb shank over lima beans, red potatoes, carrots and cumin), Pad Holapha (shrimp, mushrooms, Thai basil and rice noodles, sautéed in a garlic and chili soy broth) and Cassoulet (Duck confit with beans, chorizo and crispy duck skin croutons). Are you salivating yet?? I am just typing this!!! I can't wait to go back with my wife and sample the rest of their amazing cuisine!! Kudos to the Chef and staff!!

1  Thank goesforett