“Nice way to spend an afternoon during great weather”

Historic Third Ward
Ranked #8 of 168 things to do in Milwaukee
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Nice way to spend an afternoon during great weather”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My boyfriend & I did the walking tour of this area through the Milwaukee Historic Incorporated. http://historicmilwaukee.org/tours/walking-tours/
This walking tour was a great way to learn about the history of this area and all of the old buildings. The buildings that survived the 1892 fire and the ones that were built after the fire. This area has lots of places to eat and some shops. An artsy area due to the Milwaukee Art & Design school. The best place here is the Milwaukee Public Market. Great place with different eats and treats. I highly recommend a walk in this neighborhood.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank JenniferK549

• Hebrew first
Franklin, Indiana
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Public Market is great”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had lunch at the Public Market - lots of variety. And save room for dessert - great pastries, pies, candies and custard available. Also a wine shop and wine tasting area. The rest of the area had a lot of shops, but I was more interested in the area's beautiful architecture rather than the shops themselves.

Fresno, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A work in progress”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I applaud the businesses trying to establish the area. I was in Milwaukee on 09/19/2013 on leisure but was limited to 1 day in the city. I went here because I want see local businesses succeed but the area is a work in progress. If this was my only destination point, I would have been disappointed. A few specialty stores, area just south a little run down, not much on the river. Okay place to take a walk, a little shopping and the market is cute. Most of the market seems like it's an excellent place for locals because most of the food is to take home. Go to support the area and revise it but don't expect more. I was there in the afternoon so maybe the night life is better but I'm over 40 so the night life-bars are not appealing to me. This area is on the right trek but not quite there yet.

1 Thank Terry M
Holt, MI USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Neat shops!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Liked - neat stores with nice Wisconsin-themed items. The public market was especially nice.
Disliked - parking was competitive!

1 Thank mischief2290
Circle Pines, Minnesota
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great way to spend an afternoon.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We walked through the Third Ward...unfortunately it was 4th of July and few things were open. It was fun to look at the buildings and pick restaurants that we would eat at if they were open. We would do it again...not on a holiday.

Visited July 2013