“A dozen or two good friends at a happy hour celebration”
Review of Metro

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mason/Milwaukee
Description: Classic Fare at Downtown Milwaukee Location
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Bar at the Metro and its staff were very friendly, flexible and accommodating of our group celebration which constantly kept growing and changing in size. The happy hour cocktails were creative, and tasty, as was the food we shared. Even the seating facilitated conversation and a feeling of a more cohesive group, despite the number of us. A good time had by all and the honoree.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Service was great, food was so-so. Beef medallion app was pretty good, but the fries/nachos combo my kids ordered was funky. Caesar salad was bland....

DH and split the twin medallions of beef, and for some reason we were only able to choose one crust for both filets. We chose the blue cheese one, and, IMO, chose poorly. I had to scrape off copious amounts of cheese that covered what was an otherwise nice filet. Asparagus side was seasoned to within an inch of it's life: 'if one shake of seasoning is good, five must be better!' Mmmmm, not so much....

My son really liked the chicken tenders, and the other really liked his burger.

$3 glasses of wine were a giant bonus too, and the server didn't roll his eyes when I told him I had a restaurant dot com certificate. We'd go back, but would probably stick with more standard fare on the menu.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had the veggie eggs benedict, and my husband had the crab cakes eggs benedict. Both were fantastic! The service was very friendly, and we love it when people seem to genuinly like their jobs. The loveseats with pillows is a nice touch.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I usually don't go to hotel restaurants unless I'm staying at the hotel. But, I found a coupon on restaurant.com and the menu looked good so we tried it. I'm glad we did! It was really good!
The tables were made up of chairs and loveseats with pillows (easy to relax in) the service was perfect and the food was great! We will make this a regular stop when we travel to Milwaukee.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Food is always great! Can be expensive BUT restaurant.com has coupons for them which I love. Drink choices are fantastic, and love trying something new every time I go in