“a good recommendation”
Review of Carnevor

Carnevor
Reserve with OpenTable
Carnevor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,539 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wisconsin
Description: Milwaukee's premier steakhouse, Carnevor is one of Wisconsin's most acclaimed fine dining destinations. Our steak menu offers exquisite wet- and dry-aged USDA prime beef – a distinction afforded to less than two percent of all American beef – as well as daily selections of the coveted Wagyu, imported from Japan to guarantee the most succulent and tender beef. And with a wine list featuring more than 750 selections, you'll always find the perfect bottle to uncork with your meal.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Five of us landed in downtown Milwaukee late on a Friday evening on our way to family wedding in Racine. Carnevor was recommended by someone who knew Mikwaukee and had almost a full house when we arrived at 9pm. Menu has a fine selection of small plate appetizers and salads, prime and reserve cuts of beef and a few other non beef entrees, and sides to accompany the protein. A nice wine selection, albeit on the pricy side in our opinion. Three of us ordered a beef selection, all cooked to perfection. My daughter and I shared a Caesar salad and salmon entree which was cooked with braised cabbage and delicious. Sides were roasted asparagus (a must), truffled mashed with lobster (couldn't eat it due to allergy but others loved it), and squash risotto. Ridge three rivers zin and duckhorn merlot were our wine selections. Over all a fine meal, good service, fun atmosphere and a go to if you're in Milwaukee and not on a tight budget.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is my favorite steak place, and I have been too many of the best high end place you can go.
I have been here several times, and now alway get the same thing, because you can't go wrong. The Barrel Cut Filet is perhaps one of the best steaks I have ever had. Highly recommended, get it with the herb garlic butter on top. Its always cooked perfectly, tender and juicy. I believe it is a wet aged steak. The best. Get the wedge salad, chopped. Maple bacon, bleu cheese, unbelievable. For a side I always get the carmelized brussel sprouts, I eat them all! Not many places that have brussel sprouts! Extensive wine list. Contemporary ambience. A must if you are in Milwaukee.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

SURG Group invited me for dinner to Carnevor, together with my husband.
Usually I do not eat Steak but at Carnevor it was amazing. I had the Filet Mignon with sauce Bernaise, asparagus and truffle mashed potatoes.
After my first visit I came back once and right now I cannot wait for my next visit at Carnevor.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Sat at the bar and had dinner. Sean was great. Wedge salad was excellent. The tomatoes were amazing! Had the 45 day dry aged NY Strip and it was very good. Cream corn was amazing. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Mouth watering NY strips, ribeyes and filets! Our party of 5 had them all...perfectly cooked and mouthwatering! We love a great steak and THIS IS THE PLACE!,