“overpriced”
Review of Carnevor

Carnevor
Reserve with OpenTable
Carnevor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,535 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wisconsin
Description: Milwaukee's premier steakhouse, Carnevor is one of Wisconsin's most acclaimed fine dining destinations. Our steak menu offers exquisite wet- and dry-aged USDA prime beef – a distinction afforded to less than two percent of all American beef – as well as daily selections of the coveted Wagyu, imported from Japan to guarantee the most succulent and tender beef. And with a wine list featuring more than 750 selections, you'll always find the perfect bottle to uncork with your meal.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Liked the atmosphere- dimly lit w/ simple decor. Drinks so-so, and the food was overpriced. Service was very good.

There are newer reviews for Carnevor

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Took my husband for his 50th - just the two of us, wanted a nice romantic night away from the kids - it was noisy, where we could hardly hear each other across the table. We were seated right away. Prices were shocking to me - $45 for mine and $75 for my husband's 8 oz Kobe steak. They were delicious but I don't think any 8 oz portion of steak is worth $75! My husband found a shell in his lobster bisque and the gentleman that we told looked at it closely and said "that's odd" and walked away, no opology, no follow-up with anyone - pretty ridiculous for the price paid. We will not ever go back.

2  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had diner without a reservation. The restaurant was full, but we had only to wait 15 mins at the bar with a cold Coors light. The waiter was very friendly, well informed and had good suggestions. The menu was great. My steak (ny strips) was great. Very enjoyable, though not the cheapest option in town.

1  Thank Philip D
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I'm a vegetarian but my clients wanted to go here. The menu is vast and lots of options for non-carnevores. Don't care for the "a la carte" style of dining but the sides were delicious. The steaks look HUGE and everyone said they were good. The fish was prepared just right and tasty. Desserts were 'doughnuts' but more like beignets and DELICIOUS.

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Ok, not all steakhouses are created equal. You can get a good steak at Outback at a reasonable price. You can also pay top dollar for an OK steak. Make no mistake, Carnevor is all about red meat. They pay the bovinae gods great homage with the Kobe steak. I went with the domestic Kobe, but you can also order the Aussie Kobe for $160. Excellent spot to take associates, good friends, or wife. We got excellent service. Our waiter Stan surprised us with an order of Beignets; fresh; warm; and delicious. Order the Beignet!

Been to Carnevor? Share your experiences!