“Excellent!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,520 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Milwaukee has come intoits own. With world-class architecture, a buoyant lakefront, superb art museum and ever-growing fine dining scene. Which is about to become even finer.Enjoy our legendarydry aged steaks, chops and fresh seafood. 5,000 or so award winning wines. And, sublime desserts. All in an atmosphere of relaxed elegance. All just steps from the vibrant RiverWalk, Midwest Airlines Center and U.S. Cellular Arena.The Capital Grille Milwaukee. Because one unforgettable experience deserves another.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The Capital Grill was, as usual, excellent. service, wine, food and atmosphere all combine to make it an ideal location for a romantic dinner, a dinner with friends, or in my case time with business partners and customers. Our server Suzanne did a wonderful job, our compliments to the entire staff.

Des Moines, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Table for one ”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful experience, table for one, in town on business. Bryan, my server, offered a paper or an iPad while I enjoyed an excellently recommend glass of Pinot and chefs sample of a sea bass appetizer before my lobster mac and cheese, and seared tenderloin and lobster arrived. Steak prepared to a sought after medium rare. Lobster tastes better from here. A must visit and memorable experience. Dine here.

1 Thank Scottotter
Naples, Florida, United States
“Our annual family Christmas event will not be here in 2014”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Sorry...this is a complaint of sorts. I mailed the following letter to both restaurants today
To:
Capital Grille
9005 Mercato Dr.
Naples, FL 34108

To Whomever:
On December 20, 2014 we had the pleasure of once again taking our family to Capital Grille in Milwaukee for our annual Christmas dinner celebration. We had wonderful food and terrific service. Congratulations on providing a memorable evening for all of us.
Incidentally, we did spend over $800.00, which we realize is probably peanuts to a large, successful restaurant. But to us it was a great deal of money. Happily, every one at our table was presented with a “With Our Compliments” gift card for $50.00. Pieces of which are included with this letter.
May I suggest that you consider not doing this. It only serves to irritate customers. So many rules:
Only good for less than 60 days
Dine in only
Not redeemable for cash, gratuity, alcohol
One card per table (That’s a real hoot)
AND, much to our chagrin, only good for dinner
Today, January 16, 2014, we stopped at the Capital Grille in Naples for lunch. It’s was after 1:00. We sat at the bar. Luckily I pulled out the gift card and asked in we could use it in the bar. The bartender said “NO, it’s expired”. Well, as you can see by looking at it, it isn’t. I pointed this out to her and her response was, “I haven’t seen cards like these in years, I can’t believe it”. She also said we could come back at 3:00 because they would be serving dinner then. We couldn’t use it for lunch.
We decided to leave. She offered to have a manager come and discuss it with us. No thanks. We won’t be using the gift cards so are returning them to you. We also won’t be going back to any Capital Grille anywhere in the country.
Have a fine day.

2 Thank FrancineF169
wisconsin
“special dinner”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband, our son, and I went for dinner on a Friday evening and it was very good. I recommend the oysters rockefeller!! I had the tenderloin with poached lobster and the lobster was awesome. The other two had steaks and they said it was great too. Totally recommend it - even though it's a fancy place it didn't feel 'stuffy' and everyone was very nice! Service was excellent from both the bartender and our waiter.

Milwaukee
“Outstanding”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed from the minute I called to make the reservation! As soon as I gave them my name, the reception knew I had dined there before. She asked if we were celebrating anything. I replied "celebrating family Christmas". The 7 of us were immediately seated and treated to complimentary calamari...two orders! The wait staff was fantastic. Very attentive and professional. Our entrees were fantastic . My husband mentioned to me he wished his steak was just a little rarer, but fantastic. The manager must have overheard us. She offered multiple times to give my husband a new steak. He said it was too good, he was fine. She insisted on giving him another steak to take home. And brought us complimentary dessert. That's service to perfection, steaks were tender and flavorful, salads very fresh, best sides of vegetables I've ever had. It was a fantastic experience.

Visited December 2013