“Going downhill fast and PRETENTIOUS!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bosley On Brady

Bosley On Brady
Ranked #123 of 1,504 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Cross street: Cass & Marshall
Transit: Bus stop on Van Buren or Marshall.
Description: American cuisine with a Key West influence.
milwaukee
“Going downhill fast and PRETENTIOUS!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I came here 6 months ago ago and had a wonderful time. Had been raving about it ever since, so i wanted to take my 80 year grandmother for her birthday. The tattooed waitress was impolite and we felt rushed. Drinks seemed to take 20 minutes. Our appetizers came before our drinks. An older blonde lady kept coming out with food that we were not ready for. Even our waitress looked frustrated. My family is from Key West, so I was so excited to share this experience. I have never been so embarrassed! My family asked why I brought them here! Your crab cakes used to be right on. We ordered one, and it wasn't even a cake! It was just a pile of flavorless crab meat! I don't know why you changed it, but I know I am never coming back!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank josh g

Thousand Oaks, CA
“One of Best Restaurants in Milwaukee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I recently had dinner at Bosley's on Brady for the first time. My aunt recommended it to me. It was outstanding! I went with my sister and two close friends, and we all loved it. I had the special fish entree, and it was delicious. One of the best meals I've had in Milwaukee. The service was very attentive, and the atmosphere was wonderful. We were treated well from the time we walked in the door. I highly recommend Bosley's on Brady.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank caukwiphyllis
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful neighborhood gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

My 12 year old son, husband and I recently took a 'staycation' overnight in Milwaukee. We were staying downtown, but I wanted to find someplace interesting and unique to eat and explore a little more of Milwaukee's neighborhoods. I am so glad I found Bosley on Brady!!

Located on Brady Street in a residential neighborhood, Bosley on Brady looks just like what it is from the outside: a cozy neighborhood bar and cafe with a few tables out on the sidewalk, a busy bar area and brightly painted dining room. But what really sets it apart is how amazing and inventive the food is.

We had an early reservation, so although the bar was busy, there were only a few other tables full when we were seated. The menu and decor are inspired by Key West and both seem like a perfect fit, either for a lively summer evening, or to warm up a chilly Midwest winter.

The wine list has some really nice choices for very reasonable prices. We did not have any wine this time, as we were going swimming right after dinner, but I told my husband next time we will be indulging, lol.

But the food was really the stand out here. For appetizers, my son and husband had calamari lightly breaded with corn meal. Although breaded calamari can be found all over the place, this particular version was the way to do it right- none of the seafood was rubbery or overcooked, but had a perfect amount of 'give' and the cornmeal was light, perfectly peppered and seasoned, and had just the right amount of crunch.

I had scallops, encrusted with pistachios and served on a small bed of angel hair pasta drizzled with a pistachio butter sauce. This was decadent and delicious- just the right amount. Portions here are filling without being overwhelming- too much of this dish would be to rich, and it was just enough to whet the appetite and stimulate the taste buds for the rest of the meal.

I was tempted to order one of the restaurant's favorites:grits with shrimp, but our waitress convinced me to try the special: a lobster risotto with lobster roe and topped with a lobster tail. One of the owners dropped by our table to ask how we were enjoying the meal and assured me that the lobsters had been live in the kitchen earlier in the day.

This was a great choice. Not only was the risotto perfectly cooked- every grain had absorbed its lobstery liquid while remaining distinct with none of the gummy chewiness a restaurant risotto that sits around too long can have. But it was also perfectly seasoned and filled with big, rich chunks of lobster , as well as the delicious, perfectly cooked tail meat on top. The roe scattered throughout the risotto was terrific- a briny, zingy burst of flavor that was a perfect counterpoint to the creamy rice and sweetness of the lobster meat. If I sound like I am raving, I am. I really like lobster, and this may have been the best lobster I have ever eaten, with a perfect preparation that really showcased the main ingredient.

My husband and son both had steaks. My son had the fillet and my husband the 'Jeff's favorite' new york strip.Both were cooked perfectly and the sides of smashed potatoes and green beans were generous and satisfying.

The staff here is excellent. Our waitress was well informed about both the wine list and the food on the menu and the host (I think he may have also been an owner?) and lady owner stopped by unobtrusively to ask us if we were enjoying our meal. Even the chef came out, to see how I liked the lobster special. It was all very friendly, and really made us feel as if we belonged to the 'scene' there, and hadn't come in from Chicago.

For dessert, my husband and son both had the Decadent Chocolate Block. The name pretty much sums it up- a rich fudgy cake with a thick layer of darker chocolate served with ice cream and caramel.

I had the key lime pie. Again, this happens to be a favorite of mine and I have eaten key lime pie all over the country. But I would be hard pressed to ever find one better than the one at Bosley on Brady. The crust is made with gingersnaps, rich and spicy and a perfect compliment to the creamy pie. The pie itself was a textbook lesson in how to make a light, almost flan-like custard, with no mealiness whatsoever- just a silky, citrusy bite that slides into your mouth, with a dollop of vanilla bean flavored whipped cream on top.

We left feeling perfectly full, but not overly stuffed. Our only regret was that we couldn't try more of the menu. I can defintely say the next time we are in Milwaukee for lunch or dinner, we will be back to Bosley on Brady.

Visited July 2012
Wisconsin
“Best happy hour in the city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Half off drinks and apps from 4-6 Monday thru Friday. I really haven't found a better happy hour place in the city. Check it out!!

Visited May 2012
Florida
“Great Steak and Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

The 12oz steak was absolutely fabulous. I wrote a review of Cut and that steak was twice the price but you didn't get the rest of the plate items, and this steak was comparable.

I had the seafood of the day special and that was equally good. Even the scallop had flavor. I've noticed over the years scallops having less and less flavor, but this one was good. Supermarket steak and seafood is a disaster, let's face it.

Marlee the waitress was well informed about everything and explained what ceviche was. We had that too.

If you are in Milwaukee and are staying near the various arenas this is a short ride. Give it a shot. Portions are large enough such that you probably don't need an appetizer. Not much by way of atmosphere, but that isn't always why you go to a restaurant now is it. The neighborhood itself reminded me of the opening credits of All in the Family, the TV show.

• Visited June 2012