“Totally surprised!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The atmosphere was warm and friendly, the hostess and waitress were courteous and very attentive. Let me get something straight, I am a picky eater, but everything we had was excellent! Complementary bread was served; sliced, crunchy, on the outside and soft in the inside, with a garlic dipping sauce. We started with the guacamole, it was fresh and the chips which are thickly cut are made in-house, they also served it with a green salsa which tastes wonderful! Our entree came with a house salad, the salad was not your typical boring lettuce, it was chopped romaine, tomatoes, red onions and cheese, glazed over with a perfect homemade vinaigrette. I had the bacon wrapped shrimp which is served with cilantro rice and drizzled with a semi-spicy sauce. My husband had a shrimp dish, I cannot remember the name, but it was spicy and sweet and was also served with green and red peppers and cilantro rice. We will be going back soon! There is no doubt in my mind that if this place was in downtown Milwaukee, it would be hard to get reservations.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Pleasant service, nice atmosphere, and very good food from the appetizer to the mole chicken, or my wifes salmon with a berry sauce. A pleasant way to begin an evening.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The food was very good. The staff was friendly. Atmosphere was authentic and cozy. The Mayan pulled pork is amazing!

1  Thank Matt E
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The place was decorated very inviting and unique. The service was slow, and our server failed to tell us that our coupon wasn't good for the day we were there to use it, so we ended up ordering a bunch of unnecessary items we weren't planning on paying for and stuck with it in the end. The Black raspberry Sangaria is amazing. The bacon wrapped shrimp is fantastic (big portion sized shrimp, a lot of them, and a pile of rice). The pasta with chicken in yellow sauce, not so good. If you like latin food this is a great place for you. The price is a little high but it's a higher end dining. I would return for the bacon wrapped shrimp.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Well the tapas were great but my main dish the ropa vieja was absolutely disgusting. The meat was so sour I took 2 bites and couldnt eat anymore . I decided to take it home to see if one of the kids wanted it but they smelled it and refused to even try. Then my dog licked it and walked away. Yes it was that bad. The service was good and I shouldve sent the food back but my husband didnt want to complain . Needless to say this is one place I will never return too.

1  Thank dakota12345

Been to Antigua? Share your experiences!