“Always Soooo Good”

Gilles Frozen Custard Drive In
Ranked #5 of 22 Dessert in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Fast Food
Description: Milwaukee's Oldest Custard Stand Established in 1938, Gilles Frozen Custard has been serving superior custard to the Milwaukee Area for over 78 years.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Always Soooo Good”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have been going there since I was a little kid. They used to be closed from Thanksgiving to Easter and patrons would go into custard shock. Many years ago they started with year-round hours (they have longer hours in the summertime), Yea!!! Their custard is very creamy and have also added flavors of the day. Hot food is varied and really good.

• Visited August 2012

Central Wisconsin
“Good fast food”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I always wanted to go to the Gilles in Milwaukee. I grew up in Fond du Lac where there is also a drive-in called Gilles. We were driving out of Milwaukee and I was looking for a restaurant for lunch on the GPS. When I found Gilles, my destination was decided. The restaurant is in a residential area, so not along any highways. We shared a Gillieburger (sloppy joe) and it was evident that it was homemade. They also offer a combo of onion rings and fries. We shared so we would have room for the great custard. I had a sundae and my husband a rootbeer float. They were great.

• Visited August 2012
Aurora, Illinois
“Old School Frozen Custard”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was pretty much the only thing with any life the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. The cool old neon sign beckons you in for a great old-school frozen custard. There are all kinds of unusual combinations (with pictures) as well as the typical classics.

Visited May 2012
Menomonee Falls, WI
“Loved by 3 Generations”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My father went to Gilles when he has a teenager, I love it and my kids love it. Every since I was a kid I order the jimmie sundae and cheeseburger. Best custard in Milwaukee! Nice to go to a family run restaurant. Custard is also sold in many Milwaukee grocery stores.

• Visited May 2012
Midwest
“Frozen custard”
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Their custard is out of this world! Had the flavor of the day "rootbeer float", and I could almost feel the soda bubbles on my tongue.