“Amazing!”
Review of Kil@Wat

Kil@Wat
Reserve with OpenTable
Kil@Wat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 1,520 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Water Street
Description: Expect a dining experience that's nothing short of electrifying at Kilawat, the signature restaurant of InterContinental Milwaukee. The menu runs the gamut from traditional favorites to exotic happenings with each unique selections prepared with a distinctive flair.
“Amazing!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Came here after a conference. The food, presentation, and service were all amazing! Salmon and grandmas chicken were both phenomenal.

Anamosa, Iowa
“Mmmmmm Grandma's Chicken”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Enjoyed an early dinner mid-week during Downtown Dining Week in Milwaukee, where fixed-proce lunch and dinner menus are offered across the city. We chose Kil@wat because of the soup and entree options. Grndma's Chicken was described by the waiter as somewhat of a crustless chicken pot pie. Well it was super-delicious, unpretentious without being sloppy looking. We had a great view of the color-changing artwork across the street. Drinks were OK.

• Visited June 2014
Milwaukee2014, Manager at Kil@Wat, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you were able to experience Kil@wat during Downtown Dining. This great annual program in the downtown community gives our guests a great opportunity to experience Kil@wat. Our Grandma’s Chicken is one of our most talked about and popular items- thus we had to put it on our Downtown Dining menu! We hope to see you again soon to continue to explore our delicious menu at Kil@wat.

Kindly,
Freeport, Illinois
“A real touch of class”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental, so it only made sense to try this out. What a treat; great cocktails and entrees, and perfect service. Entrees were hot and well prepared, just like you'd get in a bigger city, but with small city friendliness. We highly recommend a stop here.

Visited April 2014
Milwaukee2014, Manager at Kil@Wat, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for the kind comments. We take great pride in being able to provide an upscale seamless dining experience- and hope to see you next time you are in Milwaukee!

Warmly,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A Perfect Dinner”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Six went to dinner. Appetizers, drinks, salads, soups, dinners and deserts were just wonderful. No complaints from anyone. In fact, we were all very pleasantly surprised how creative and delicious our choices were. The service was excellent also with all the courses being served in a fun, relaxed, unrushed but attentive way. Our table, towards the back of the room, was quiet, comfortable and had a great view. We were able to converse and easily hear one another, not like some overly loud restaurants where conversation can be impossible. Yes, we are all planning to go back for another visit. We all enjoyed a perfect dinner.

• Visited May 2014
Milwaukee2014, Manager at Kil@Wat, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback. Kil@wat offers guests a fun, unique, creative twist on food and dining, and we strive to create “fun” memorable experiences for all of our guests! I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Kil@wat and hope to see you see again soon!

Kind Regards,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best Filet Mignon Ever!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Saying Kil@wat served me the best filet ever is a bold statement, I know! However, fact is fact.
I'm a huge steak eater and pretty much order a ribeye or filet 90% of the time when I go out to eat, which is at least once/week, usually twice. What can I say, I'm a carinivor.

I must say, although I had read good reviews on tripadvisor, which is what prompted me to try the restaurant, I did not expect to be saying I had my best filet ever. I was just hoping for a very nice meal. I may have had just a nice meal, but lucky me, my wife and I waited just long enough so that we got to experience Kil@wat's new chef. (I think they should keep him....ya' definitely keep him!)
I have never tasted such a perfectly cooked steak combined with an almost silky smooth texture, topped with an extremely complimentary sauce. I find too many chefs kill a great steak by over-saucing or spicing. I believe at Kil@wat, the chef knows exactly how good his cut of beef is and he just gives it the proper preparation and nothing more. Awesome!!

Yes, the ambiance is nice enough, (kind of trendy fun), and the drinks are good and served by a very friendly bartender, but you are going to a restaurant mainly for good food and they totally deliver, (at least on the filet)

I am going back soon to see if more of the menu will follow suit.
I really hope so; I'm pulling for them! If not, well, I still know where to get the best filet I've ever had!

• Visited May 2014
Milwaukee2014, Manager at Kil@Wat, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hello,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our filet mignon and overall dining experience. Our Chef takes a unique approach to the filet by adding a succulent watercress hollandaise sauce along with baby potatoes and squash.

Next time you are with us I would recommend our Grandma's chicken. One of our guest favorites, it features tender slow roasted chicken, green bean casserole, Yukon gold mashed potatoes and crispy onions.

We hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,