“Excellent service, beautiful decor but food wasn't as good as I remembered”
Review of Kil@Wat

Kil@Wat
Reserve with OpenTable
Kil@Wat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,519 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Water Street
Description: Expect a dining experience that's nothing short of electrifying at Kilawat, the signature restaurant of InterContinental Milwaukee. The menu runs the gamut from traditional favorites to exotic happenings with each unique selections prepared with a distinctive flair.
Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service, beautiful decor but food wasn't as good as I remembered”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Been here twice. Most recently for my bday. My choice as I remembered my first time here was phenomenal. This time around, I had to request they redo my dish as it was way too salty. And I'm never one to ask to bring a dish back. I had the braised short ribs with collars greens and mashed potatoes. My date had the steak. It was a bit bland. Oddly enough it laid on a bed of lettuce and cocktail sauce. Our waiter, Will was attentive and a pleasure. Still one of my fave restaurants. And will return on special occasions.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“One good experience- one bad”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had been here 2 years ago and remember enjoying it. I went with some girlfriends prior to seeing a show and the place had exactly 2 patrons in it. We wanted to have a light dinner and drinks and catch our show and we were told they were "fully committed" for the evening. We looked around and was like "there is no one here" We ended up going to the bar downstairs and had a fantastic time and awesome service.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with my first trip to kilawat. The decor is nice and modern and the window booths are extremely comfortable with an excellent view! Our server made great recommendations and the food was absolutely perfect. I couldn't ask for more and will return.

“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, incredible food, perfect location (especially for a pre-show dinner)...why are you still reading this? Go book a table!

• Visited July 2013
JenBloomer, Public Relations Manager at Kil@Wat, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks for the awesome review and recommendation here on Trip Advisor! Hope to see you back before your next show.
Santa Clara, California
“super food, reasonable prices, excellent service”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The restaurant is in a hotel - usually at least one strike against it because prices are high. Sometimes, indifferent service adds one strike. Yet, bot price and service were pluses, despite our being the last customers in the restaurant, arriving around 9 pm.

Despite the late hour, the food was superb and the server's knowledge of the offered dishes was outstanding. One rarely runs into servers who intimately know the dishes and make such useful suggestions.

Visited June 2013
JenBloomer, Public Relations Manager at Kil@Wat, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, here on Trip Advisor! I’m so pleased your late night dine with us was an all-around success. We would be honored to serve you again day or night!

Been to Kil@Wat? Share your experiences!