“Treated us like royalty”
Review of Kil@Wat

Kil@Wat
Reserve with OpenTable
Kil@Wat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 1,520 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Water Street
Description: Expect a dining experience that's nothing short of electrifying at Kilawat, the signature restaurant of InterContinental Milwaukee. The menu runs the gamut from traditional favorites to exotic happenings with each unique selections prepared with a distinctive flair.
Hartland, Wisconsin
“Treated us like royalty”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The service was amazing. Graham was very knowledgeable about menu choices and accompaniments. He was very attentive to our needs and anticipated everything we could possibly want. All of the staff was very friendly. The restaurant was very clean. It is easy to get to and in great proximity to many Milwaukee downtown hot spots. The food was wonderful from one course to the next. Just an all around excellent experience.

• Visited June 2013
JenBloomer, Public Relations Manager at Kil@Wat, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience in Kil@wat, Linda! It is wonderful to hear of the friendly and knowledgeable service you received from Graham and the rest of the staff. We hope to have you back the next time you are in Milwaukee!

palm harbor, fl
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ate a quick breakfast and it was very good. Service was wonderful and when the food arrived it looked and tasted great.

Visited June 2013
I’m so pleased you enjoyed your quick breakfast with us. Thanks for the great feedback. We hope to have you back next time you are in the area!
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best breakfast anywhere!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

As a consultant I often eat breakfast in a restaurant 4 - 5 times a week. My breakfast this morning at Kil@Wat in the Intercontinental Hotel in downtown Milwaukee was the best breakfast I have had in over a year, and I would put it up against any breakfast served anywhere else in the world. A treat from the moment I walked in to the moment I left. If I could give it 10 stars I would. Great job to all who played a role in this experience.

1 Thank MarkMusselman
We are honored by your recommendation of “Best Breakfast Anywhere.” Thank you so much for your idea review, here on Trip Advisor!
“Best in town!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We recently dined at Kil@wat for the first time before attending a performance across the street at the Marcus Center. This is probably the best place to dine in the area. Our server Becky was friendly and very knowledgeable when it came to the menu options. The pre-theater menu is quite the bargain for the kind of food they serve here. Everything came out perfectly cooked, and the staff at Kil@wat really know how to time things if you need to be out by a certain time. We will definitely be back here again.

• Visited June 2013
JenBloomer, Public Relations Manager at Kil@Wat, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for naming us “Best in Town,” we are truly honored to take that title! I appreciate you taking the time to point out your great service with Becky and the value of the food served. We hope to see you back before your next show!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine dining at it's best and tastiest.”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went on a Monday and the restaurant was un-crowded. The décor is flame-orange based and well done - quite comfortable. Services was fast and on top of things. We've been there before when it's busy, never had a problem with service, or getting out in time for a show.

Crab cake for the appetizer, which was wonderful. Salads were greens from Growing Power (bonus!). I had the traditional Caesar which was the best Caesar salad I've ever eaten.

I had the prawns on Israeli cuss-cuss. Melt in your mouth. You can tell a good chef when he helps you enjoy something you wouldn't normally try. My wife had the maple pork. I thought it was a just a touch on the dry side but the sauce made up for it. My wife loved it. Great flavor combinations and well thought-out all around.

With drinks and dessert it came to about $65 and change for each. We like to splurge on fine-dining occasionally, and this was worth every penny. A whole lot of flavor, and part of a great experience.

1 Thank JHWHood
JenBloomer, Public Relations Manager at Kil@Wat, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this fabulous review, JHWHood! It is so nice to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and were able to order something new you typically wouldn’t try! Happy to hear it was “worth every penny,” we hope to have you back soon for your next night out.

Been to Kil@Wat? Share your experiences!