“Fabulous find”
Review of Kil@Wat

Kil@Wat
Reserve with OpenTable
Kil@Wat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,534 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Water Street
Description: Expect a dining experience that's nothing short of electrifying at Kilawat, the signature restaurant of InterContinental Milwaukee. The menu runs the gamut from traditional favorites to exotic happenings with each unique selections prepared with a distinctive flair.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

On this my first trip to Milwaukee my companion and I got up early and went to breakfast in the hotel we were staying at, the Intercontinental. We were seated by a large window that looked out at a city street. We both ordered the oatmeal brule. It was amazing. Healthy AND so gourmet good with slivers of apples and almonds, apricot compote and then caramelized, just like creme brule. Did I say amazing?? If breakfast was this high on the culinary charts, what would dinner be like? At first we thought we'd try something other than the hotel, but our day was so jam packed with sightseeing by the time we got back to our room a trip from the 5th to 2nd floor to dine sounded like a much better plan. Boy, was it! Again a wonderful window view, our server Becky was excellent, and the food (strip steak for my companion and for me extraordinary halibut with pea puree, asparagus, brown butter Hollandaise and cheddar mashed potatoes) was delicious. As was the dessert — apple pie with mascarpone ice cream and banana tiramisu. This is a must dining destination. I will be back. Soon.

JenBloomer, Public Relations Manager at Kil@Wat, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to also write such an excellent review on Trip Advisor, Rose Marie! We truly appreciate the superbly detailed descriptions of the service and food you received with us. We would be honored to serve you again, hope to see you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Kil@Wat

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Had dinner with family before a show at the Pabst Theater which is next door. You can access the theater from the Intercontinental Hotel which houses the restaurant without going outside. The restaurant is on the second flour of the hotel.
All staff was extraordinarily pleasant and attentive beginning with the hostess. The manager stopped by on two occasions to make sure our dining experience was to our satisfaction. Our reservation was for 6:30 and we had the benefit of ordering from the Pre-theater menu or the regular menu. All of our selections were delicious and well prepared. None too salty or oily as can sometimes happen. Portion sizes were reqsonable and a good value. The drink or Juice menu as they call it, had a selection of specialty cocktails along with wines by the bottle or glass and beers.
Decor is on the modern side with orange as an accent color. Large windows and a spacious, fresh feel.
Would definitely return.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went there for brunch.....awesome! The oatmeal with apricot compote was divine, and the California Benedict was delicious. Everything from the decor to the service was perfect. Lovely dining experience.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I only had breakfast here, but the service was very good, the portions were generous, and I couldn't believe the bill wasn't more!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great tasting cuban style sandwiches and fresh coffee!
Friendly and efficient wait staff! I can imagine their evening meals are amazing from what I have read from all their great reviews.

Been to Kil@Wat? Share your experiences!