“Outstanding”

and up
Walking Photography Tour of Milwaukee
Ranked #9 of 168 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: MARKET HOURS Monday through Friday: 10 am – 8 pm Saturday and Sunday: 8 am – 6 pm Early Open Hours: Weekdays at 7 am
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Outstanding”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

The market is simply outstanding,all in one place to dine and have a drink,Thief Wine is very good ,but the best by far is Nehrings Family Market,they have a variety of meats and deli selection ,bread and produce.The nice bar area to the side is very nice for their wonderful pizzas to their deli sandwiches.Rachel the bartender/all over person is absolutely wonderful ,she will make you a all natural bloodymary to a but kicking Moscow mule in a copper mug .Stop by and enjoy the wonderful setting with friends or by yourself your sure to have a good time

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Connecticut
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Perfect grazing adventure”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My conference finished up and I wanted somewhere to eat. I asked the concierge about a couple of restaurants but he suggested the Public Market. It's a short walk down Milwaukee's Riverwalk to the Market, on the way I passed three bridal parties by city hall, and a statue of The Fonz. but I digress - I love places like the public market - there is something for everyone from subs, wines, cheese, spices, coffee drinks, sandwiches, tex-mex, burgers, delish baked goods, pizza and seafood. There are gift shops, the random cheesehead supplies, and an olive oil/balsamic store tucked away in a corner. Lots to choose from. I grabbed a veggie Panini from Breadsmith, fresh veggies with melted Wisconsin cheese - what could be better than that? For dessert, stray no further than the stall next door - C. Adams Bakery. The problem here is choosing what you want between cakes, cookies, cupcakes. I had buttery, flaky hamantashen's and a fruit bar. Upstairs, there is an open seating area with old diner tables to enjoy your choices. Something for everyone.

Dallas, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Like San Francisco without the extreme crowds.”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Scheduled a quick weekend trip to Milwaukee and stumbled across this remarkable location. Nehring's Family Market made us delicious Rubin sandwiches with local beers. We really enjoyed this location with all the unique food. After 10 years in Texas, Milwaukee Public Market and Milwaukee as a whole made me look at my country in a different light. I'd love to move my family here. What a beautiful place and people.

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Eat here!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I wish I had found the market sooner. I would have eaten there every day for every meal. Great fresh food, endless choices & variety, and reasonably priced. I am drooling just thinking about it.

Be sure to stop at Kehr's and try their tripled-dipped malt balls. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank DeerBio
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Loved this market and wish there was one near me”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

There are so many wonderful vendors all under one roof. You can find anything you want to eat: from vegan soups & sandwiches, meat items, salads, cheeses, chocolates, wine and every beverage under the sun. Spices galore, beautiful flowers and gifts for all types of occasions. The only disappointment was the SUSHI place did not have white rice (??!!) to serve with my chicken and gave me POTATOE CHIPS. The place was run by a bunch of artsy tattooed non-Asians so I can't be too upset by the questionable choice of substitution. I will make a point of returning to the market on my next trip to Milwaukee. The public restrooms were exceptionally clean and well stocked.