“Fantastic place to relax with friends and explore Milwaukee!”

Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 10 Milwaukee B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 2, 2009

We rented the entire Schuster Mansion for a 4 day reunion of college friends. We had all met in the dorm at Marquette 50 years ago and had lived at 35th and Highland for 2 years as upperclassmen. It wasa perfect location--close to Marquette and downtown Milwaukee, and in the "old neighborhood" too.

Laura Sue was very welcoming and did everything she could to make it a special place for us. Each of us had her own very comfortable bed and space (more than enough!), we had plenty of bathrooms, and the parlor worked out well as a place to gather. Delicious breakfasts were tailored to our wants, and served in the elegant dining room at our convenience. And the ever full cookie jar was a great hit too.

The fact that the mansion is so convenient to Marquette and downtown Milwaukee made it easy to come back to regroup between excursions and go out again--most places were only 5 minutes away! Having parking on the property behind the mansion is also a plus. Staying at the Schuster Mansion added a lot to our reunion -- we felt like prrincesses! In fact, i can't think of anyhing negative about our experience!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 21, 2009

We brought our family from Texas in for the weekend to attend our daughter's graduation from Marquette. What a wonderful way to have a family event away from home because Laura Sue and Rick make you feel like it is home. The Mansion is beautiful and the innkeepers couldn't be better. Our group of 18 were comfortable and pampered from the moment we got there until the moment we left. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The breakfasts were delicious! We even had a sit down buffet dinner after graduation for the family. You don't have to have a large gathering to appreciate the Mansion but if they can do that so well image what it would be like for just a couple. This is definitely a must when staying in Milwaukee. I look forward to returning as Laura Sue and Rick continue to renovate and expand.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed February 28, 2009

My 12 year old son and I decided to get away from our busy lives in the Chicago area and drive to Milwaukee for some rest and relaxation. The Shuster Mansion is gorgeous and full of history, luxury and comfort. My son enjoyed playing with Isaac, the Innkeeper's resident dog, while I enjoyed conversation with the very hospitable and welcoming Mansion owner's, Laura Sue and Rick. Our overnight stay was extremely restful in our own rooms that was like a suite, sharing a bathroom. My son enjoyed the Lone Star Room while I enjoyed the corner tower's Prairie Sky. We were treated to a large breakfast which was absolutely and delightfully delicious. We also enjoyed Laura Sue's signature cookies (I begged for her well-guarded secret recipe to no avail). I am anxious to come back with my husband and enjoy a romantic weekend. Thanks Laura Sue and Rick for a very relaxing weekend. We sure felt like part of your family during our stay....and say "hi" to Isaac for my son.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2009

My husband surprised me by booking 4 nights at the Schuster Mansion for our 32nd wedding anniversary. Laura Sue and Rick (along with their goodwill ambassador, Isaac the dog) made us feel welcome and "at home" the moment we arrived.  They gave us a tour of this lovely home which was such a treat. Each room was unique and had several beautiful pieces to admire. As they told about the house and various antiques it was clear to see how much they love what they're doing. Our suite was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The rooms each have their own breakfast table for private dining. We choose the private breakfasts most mornings but also enjoyed one breakfast in the lovely dining room. Not only can Laura Sue decorate, she's also a great cook. We liked the close proximity to the downtown area. I was sorry to leave our pleasant, relaxing getaway, but alas all good things must come to an end, at least until next time.....

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2008

A week at the Schuster Mansion was indeed an enjoyable time. In talking with the new owners, Rick and Laura Sue Moiser, (new to the Bed and Breakfast business), they told me the comfort of their guests was their upmost concern. They actually stay in the suites themselves to make sure all the conveniences are there that they would want as guests, playing close attention to comfortable beds; fresh, smooth sheets; a bathroom sink you can wash your hair in; beautiful décor to please the eye; purified water; and they have proofed all kinds of breakfast recipes to please the palate. For breakfast they even offer a “chef’s choice” which is always something special.
Although they are still renovating other parts of the house, I was not aware of it while I was there. My suite was very quiet. All the things they had checked out themselves proved to be true. Not only that, the air is very fresh smelling, rather unique, as most old homes I have been in have an “old” smell.
I found the neighborhood to be busy but quiet. As I walked around the block each day, people I passed were very friendly. Even though I did not have a car when I stayed there, they do have parking area on the lot by the house.
The house is beautifully decorated with antiques and all kinds of nick-nacks. You have to spend some time walking through the rooms of the first floor just to check out are the unique décor items. It’s like walking through the past.
If ever I am up Milwaukee way again, I will definitely return to the Schuster Mansion.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I come to Milwaukee every year for business, downtown was booked due to convention, and I was referred to the Schuster Mansion, which had just recently opened. I have discovered what is now a hidden gem, but I assure you, will not be in the future. As with other reviews, I too was very impressed with the restoration of this grand building and its furnishings. However, and not taking away from the surroundings, I enjoyed the breakfast every morning, talking with Laura Sue about the restoration, getting the grand tour, and playing with the official Schuster Mansion mascot, Isaac.

Sincerely, I would encourage everyone to stay with Laura Sue and treat yourself. It will be well worth it. Do not get the Pias suite in July 2009, as I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 25, 2006

We stayed at the Schuster Mansion just for a short overnight getaway, while in Milwaukee for museums and sightseeing. The mansion suites and common areas are lavishly decorated. A must-see for anyone who enjoys restoring old homes and appreciates the amount of work involved! Our room was beautiful, spacious and very comfortable! The next morning, our stay was made complete with a good breakfast and a great visit in the dining area! The hosts, Arne and Marie, are truly doing a wonderful job with this new bed and breakfast and are both very helpful directing their guests around the city. Their hospitality would be hard to beat! We had a really fun stay! Thanks!!

• Stayed: March 2006