WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 10 Milwaukee B&B and Inns
Glenview, Illinois
“A birthday celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Sunday was my husband's 73rd birthday and I surprised him with a wonderful experience at the Schuster Mansion. The mansion is spotless and Laura and Rick are pleasant and caring.
Laura took us on a tour and answered all our questions. The breakfast is amazing and Laura Sue prepares all the food in her kitchen.

It was a real treat for two old dudes.

Elaine and Paul

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My recent stay with Laura and Rick was an unexpected delight for my first business trip to Milwaukee. From the moment my coworker and I entered this home, we were warmly welcomed, invited to sit in the ladies' parlor, and asked our preferences for foods and dietary restrictions, etc. It was superb service, but in such a personal manner, that it was more like staying with family than a hotel.

The mansion has been lovingly restored over the past 5 years and has so many details that I saw something "new" every time I stepped into a room. I wish that I had the extra time to explore the house more, and learn about all of the details of this home. If I have any say about it, there will be another trip to Milwaukee so I can stay at Schuster Mansion again!

I loved the added touch of a tea tray in the morning before breakfast was served, it was a little extra luxury that makes this B&B special and stand out from the rest.

ps- Their Corgi dog Isaac is absolutely precious! I loved seeing him during my stay, it truly felt like home.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Mollie's Suite on the 2nd floor- has a private bath and is very quiet even though...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This business trip turned into a joy as I was taken back in time to the early 1900's. I can not find the right words to describe this wonderful experience. The owners were great. They provided a quiet, relaxing atmosphere with the best food ever received from any hotel I have stayed at on a business trip. Their prices were cheaper than staying downtown and their location is in a quiet neighborhood. All my future trips to Milwaukee will include a stay at Downton Abby in Milwaukee.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect for anyone's taste and needs for a restful night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nancy H
Huntley, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a great time spending the weekend with Laura & Rick. They are welcoming, fun, and really know the history of the mansion. We went back in time for a couple of days, and it was a nice change of pace to our usual hotel stays in Milwaukee. They pamper you, feed you great food, and treat you like family. The place has so much history, and they are doing a wonderful job in restoring it. It's comfortable, cozy, and has the best Chocolate Chip cookies ever. We will definitely be going back. Thanks Laura & Rick for sharing your home with us!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a different feel, so make sure to read the details before making your choice. We...
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Two of my lady friends and I enjoyed high tea and a tour yesterday. It was the perfect way to celebrate one of my friend's birthday. We felt so welcomed and nutured! The food was lovely and the atmosphere superb!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I just spent two days at this fabulous getaway and said it was nice to be so pampered for awhile. Inside this ornately decorated house, it felt like a sanctuary from the bussle of big city life. We both spent the first evening reading by a fireplace enjoying the quiet classical music that's always there. The next night we drove a mere fifteen minutes to an edgy restaurant downtown where we enjoyed world class cuisine. Milwaukee has a lot to offer and the Schuster Mansion is a nice place to relax and recharge between outings to the city. Laura Sue is a charming hostess. The only drawback to our time was the rainy weather. Despite that we toured the Milwaukee Public Museum, Miller Brewery, the Pabst Museum and a couple of other older homes. Word needs to get out about this exciting city and this elegant bed and breakfast. Before I close, I wanted to mention we got to choose our breakfast from a few different selections as well as the time we wanted it served. She is a pleasant hostess who works hard for each customer. My wife and I both said it was a pleasurable experience.

Room Tip: There was a bit of construction and not all suggestions of our GPS could be followed
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Schuster Mansion for 2 nights in the Serenity Suite. Upon arrival we were greeted by Laura Sue, owner and she graciously sat us down to get all the paperwork check-in requests done, and a chance to get to know our new temporary home. (This allowed us the ability to enjoy the suite until check out time, not fretting over payments in the end of our stay.)

The attention to detail throughout this mansion is striking. More time was spent visually enjoying the fine detail and perfectly placed period antiques and decorations throughout, than just casually walking through. Laura Sue personally hand-cut hundreds of gold stars from wallpaper that were tactfully placed on our ceiling and walls in the Serenity suite and other rooms throughout the mansion that accented the mood portrayed by each room's theme. Our hot tub was extra large and had his/hers robes awaiting after exit, again adding to the fine experience of our stay. The bottle of wine was perfect icing on the cake.

We LOVED the 3 tiered service plan. (We wish all B&B's offered this). We chose the premier package. The history tour was fascinating and detailed. It left me thirsting to know more about the Schuster Family, as it was told with passion and respect of an era gone by of Milwaukee wealth and family ties. We had full tea/coffee delivered to our room with ALL the fixings. I felt like a princess. A simple knock on the door and announcement of "Goodmorning" meant hot tea, steaming warm fresh from the oven breads with whipped topping, all the condiments including fine china and linens made waking up that much better! Served when WE wanted it to be delivered! Top that off with an additional gourmet breakfast of 3 choices what time we chose to eat. What more could one ask for?

Premier also included tips and tricks of area places to see and do. Even being from the Milwaukee area ourselves, we found places we would have never known existed. It made our weekend get-a-way top notch.

One must overlook the negative reviews for the Schuster Mansion, as with any hotel/motel, there are policies and cancellation fees that are put in place for a reason so the top notch experience that a Bed and Breakfast offers can truly be enjoyed. My husband and I will definately be back to enjoy some more fine pampering that Laura Sue and Rick offer through their gorgeous home.

Room Tip: The website has photos and detailed info. The pictures don't do it justice.