Me and my fiance were looking for a place to stay for a weekend outing in Milwaukee. I usually don't even bother with looking up the bed and breakfasts in the areas we travel in since they are generally way out of our price range. I happened upon the Schuster Mansion on the TripAdvisor website and I decided to look into it for fun. Turns out the prices were very low so I decided to book the weekend. I booked the Prairie Sky suite that is in the tip-top turret of the mansion along with another small room that share a common bathroom. I've got to say that I was very worried about sharing a bathroom with another couple since we would probably both be going out on the town and needing the mirror, and the shower, and the sink, and not to mention the toilet at the same time and it might get uncomfortable. We were lucky though that the others seemed to have a different schedule and ended up not seeing them once during our stay, except in the dining room. This inconvenience is the only reason I give my experience only a "Very Good" rating. If I stay there again, I will stay in one of the rooms with it's own bathroom! As for the room, it was very small with not much more space than to fit a bed and side tables but it was very warm and cozy and the clouds on the ceiling were very romantic. Anyway, the host and hostess are very accommodating and invite you to use most of their house for your own purposes. They offered us a free bottle of wine with our stay that you were allowed to go to the kitchen and get when you wanted and free cookies at your leisure. It was a very nice touch. The breakfast was a pleasing gourmet twist of sweet and salty each morning and we enjoyed it in both the formal dining room and the library where the conversation often drifted off while you got distracted by all the interesting things to look at. I believe this couple have done a great job in restoring this mansion back to it's formal glory after being gutted by previous owners and they deserve a commendation for all they have done. I enjoyed this bed and breakfast experience immensely and I just happened to get engaged while I was in the mansion :) so it will always hold a special memory for me. I hope it has the same in store for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Schuster Mansion is the newest B&B in Milwaukee's Historic Concordia Neighborhood. Converted to luxury apartments in the 20s, owners/innkeepers Rick & Laura Sue take great pride in returning this architectural gem to its original splendor. Situated just 5 minutes from downtown, it's the perfect destination for your private weekend getaway. Our spacious Victorian suites will surround you in luxury and our wonderful homemade breakfasts can be enjoyed at your private in-suite breakfast table. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schuster Mansion Bed And Breakfast
- Schuster Mansion Hotel Milwaukee