At the Schuster Mansion you will get to experience your very own "night at the museum" but with the convenience of modern day amenities. My husband and I are Milwaukee natives and this was our first B&B experience. Our midweek two-night stay was enjoyable from beginning to end. This castle stands grandly amid a lesser known and underdeveloped area just west of the downtown Marquette campus. It's a keen example of Milwaukee's unique historic architecture. I have much admiration for Laura and Rick's ongoing commitment to restoring this majestic mansion. Inside, you will transition to another era as Laura warmly greets you in the main hallway and leads you to an ornate drawing room to discuss preferences during your stay. After that, you are free to choose between adventuring through the mansion or tucking away into your suite. If you are enthusiastic and familiar with Victorian Era living, you are going to be beside yourself with the attention to accuracy that has been paid to every room and corner of this mansion.
This B&B is perfect for guests seeking quiet alone time and just as fitting for the curious and inquiring kind. Laura will enthusiastically provide stories and suggestions to your inquiries. The level of accommodations is tailored to your chosen rate. You will be served a gourmet breakfast at your chosen a.m. time, with everything presented on ornate china in a spacious and sunny dining area. You are invited to enter almost any room, including the kitchen for a bottle of wine and a place to store your perishables. Don't forget to grab a homemade cookie or two.
This is a good choice for those seeking downtown attractions. You are almost in arm's reach of almost every bit of entertainment and tourism Milwaukee offers. A downside will be that you will not want to walk this neighborhood at night, and there will be little to offer within blocks of the mansion. Rest assured, you will feel safe as soon as you are settled in and you discover how close you are to everything. You are right on the edge of newer and improved areas, both east (downtown) and further west (suburb/shopping). A stay like this would be exceedingly pricey if located among the higher-developed areas of downtown.
Most people will feel they received a modest rate for how much they were provided during their stay. It's a place I will want to come back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Schuster Mansion is the newest B&B in Milwaukee's Historic Concordia Neighborhood. Converted to luxury apartments in the 20s, owners/innkeepers Rick & Laura Sue take great pride in returning this architectural gem to its original splendor. Situated just 5 minutes from downtown, it's the perfect destination for your private weekend getaway. Our spacious Victorian suites will surround you in luxury and our wonderful homemade breakfasts can be enjoyed at your private in-suite breakfast table. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schuster Mansion Bed And Breakfast
- Schuster Mansion Hotel Milwaukee