“Entirely UNreasonable”

Ranked #2 of 10 Milwaukee B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Entirely UNreasonable”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Despite cancelling my reservation 30 days in advance, the Schuster Mansion charged us a $25 fee just to cancel. In all my travel, both business & personal, I have never heard of such a policy. On the busy weekend that we were traveling for, it would have been effortless for her to rebook our room. I'm not sure why anyone has to charge $25 for throwing away a slip of paper, but I guess that's what you get for making a reservation at a place that still records everything on paper. Terrible service -- and I don't even have to stay here to know that.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank yulichka217

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2011

The Schuster Mansion is truly a beautiful place with wonderful owners.The Victorian decor adds to the peaceful atmosphere and special warmth of the mansion. Laura Sue and Rick make your stay truly delightful. I would definitely return and look forward to the day I can.
Flavia

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My husband and I visited the Schuster Mansion over the 4th of July weekend this past summer. We stayed in the the Pia Suite which was absolutely beautiful! Laura Sue, Rick, and Isaac (the resident Welsh Corgi) made us feel right at home. They were extremely friendly and helpful with coordinating our sightseeing adventures! Plus they were very accomodating to my husband's gluten allergy.

I'm not sure why one guest felt unsafe? The area is transitioning, but I never felt unsafe. There are other B&Bs in this historic area of the city......and don't miss a visit to the Pabst Mansion.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChicagoNurse1978
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 14, 2010

This was a weekend to never forget. The mansion is beautiful and decorated in perfect Victorian splendor. The inn keepers, Rick and Laura Sue welcomed us with coffee and cookies. They arranged our evening for us, decorated our beautiful suite with flowers, and when we woke the next morning, Issac the puppy was waiting outside our door with coffee and banana bread.
We had a wonderful breakfast and finally left the mansion so happy we stayed there.
Surprise, we had actually lived in the mansion in the 60's and were there to celebrate our 46th anniversary.
Rick and Laura Sue were the most caring and special people to us and the other guests. They have restored the mansion to its greatness and in doing so, infused a sense of deep love and appreciation for the mansion and their inn keeping.
No one will ever be unhappy staying here at the Schuster Mansion B and B. We wish Rick and Laura Sue the very best....for they truly are...
Kathy and Alan W.
Mequon, Wisconsin

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bigal1939
Boulder City, Nevada
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We were new to Milwaukee, attending the annual Farm Aid concert, and wanted a unique place to stay. The hosts were warm and friendly, and very proud of their work to remodel this beautiful mansion. The small touches of antiques, beautiful chandeliers and restored lamps, old photos adorned every nook and granny. The early morning tea/coffee delivered on a silver tray with beautiful china was a nice touch. The mansion added to our stay in beautiful Milwaukee, as did the many museums, breathtaking lake drives and delicious meals.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My girlfriend and I travelled from Chicago to see a concert at the Rave nearby, and in our search for a nearby hotel stumbled upon this B&B. We were greeted upon arrival by Laura Sue (the hostess with the mostest). She gave us a tour of the mansion divulging its 120 year history. It is very nicely decorated and it's rich tradition is very evident. We stayed in the Pias suite on the second floor, which included a private bath. The room was very comfortable with modern bedding and awesome decor. We awoke to the best breakfast! Besides my sleepwalking at 3AM and getting lost trying to find my room, poor Laura Sue had no idea what she was in for lol.

I will stay here again and will recommend this to anyone. As far as the neighborhood goes, we walked back 6 blocks after the concert at midnite and we felt safe.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We found this B&B by doing a search for accomodations near Miller Park, while on a Midwest baseball tour. I have to admit that we were a little concerned when driving up to the mansion about the neighborhood. We had no difficulties and drove and walked to and from the B&B with no issues. The rooms inside are very nice and the inside of the building is wonderful. As I stated in my title, we really enjoyed the breakfasts. You can choose your own time to eat and your own choice of some limited menu items. I mean limited by the number of choices, but not by the quality of food. The hosts were very nice and welcoming and we even got a ride to and from the ball park for our game for a small fee. This historic home is under renovation and not every room is completed. There is also work being done outside. If you are able to get past the first impression of the area and the construction, you will be rewarded with a great B&B experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple