First, my GPS was spot on for this location. The hotel is advertised as an airport hotel, and the location is mostly industrial. Our stay was a Sunday night and the hotel was very quiet. Other than the typical breakfast options, this property wasn’t like other Holiday Inn Express I’ve seen. The rooms are built around an indoor pool area, and the décor is a dated. I’m not sure what the property was in its former life. The hotel in general seemed clean, and the staff we encountered were pleasant and efficient.
We had a room with two queen beds, and while not very spacious, it was adequate. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. My biggest issue about this room though, was the lighting. It was dark. Really dark. I don’t believe I’ve ever been in a hotel with such poor lighting. I appreciate energy efficient bulbs, but these were so “efficient” they almost didn’t put out any light at all. Reading in the room was impossible, whether by the bedside lamp or desk lamp. The bathroom was the only place with bright enough light, but I didn’t particularly want to read in there.
Most hotels now encourage conservation and invite guests to hang up towels for reuse – which I really appreciate. This hotel had the little hanging sign in the bathroom announcing the hotel’s participation. But, there was no towel hanger on the back of the bathroom door or on the wall. Oh wait. There was one… right over the towel rack. Wet bath towels have to hang in front of the hand towels! I found it a particularly poor design. (But I also find it a ridiculous trend these days that in order to make the bathroom space architecturally pleasing, hand towel racks are either non-existent or are placed across the room from the sink. It’s just not user-friendly for guests.)
Breakfast on Monday morning was typical HIX fare, but wasn’t well stocked. The biscuits had been under the warmer so long they were very hard, and the sausage gravy looked like it had seen better days. Fortunately, typical fare also includes cereal and yogurt so we didn’t go away hungry.
My overall opinion is that if I were on a business trip I would most likely have checked out after one night and gone elsewhere, but it was fine for a quick overnight airport stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport is a 100% smoke free hotel. We are centrally located to everything in Milwaukee. Whether your visiting Milwaukee for business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport is the best fit for your plans. We are conveniently located less than 2 miles from the General Mitchell International Airport with 24-hour complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. If your visiting one of Milwaukee's largest businesses you are also just a stone throw away. Krones is less than 5 miles away, Rockwell Automation is only 6 miles, Miller Brewery is only 7 miles, Harley Davidson is only 7 miles, Cooper Power is only 6 miles, We-Energies is only 5 miles, Cessna Citation is only 2 miles, Patrick Cudahy is only 4 miles, and General Mills is only 3 miles away. TheHoliday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport caters to the needs of business travelers with such unique programs as: 3,000 Bonus Priority Club Points for stays of two days or more, see rates for details. Stay connected while away from the office with free high-speed wireless Internet with easy to use VPN access. Pool, gameroom & whirlpool hours are: Sunday 9 AM - 9 PM, Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 3 PM, Friday & Saturday 8 AM - 10 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Milwaukee Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee
- Holiday Inn Milwaukee