“Excellent in every aspect except for internet.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #34 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
GRIMES
“Excellent in every aspect except for internet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Great location value cleanliness large room comfortable bed everthing exceptional. Only complaint is the intermittent internet services. Off as much as it is on. I normally enjoy watching movies streamed onto my tablet when staying at hotels but this is the second HI Express in a row where internet is subpar its a dealbreaker for me.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Jboardman,

I want to thank you for taking the time out to write a review for us on tripadvisor. I am very happy to hear that you had a good stay with us and that we provided you with what you expect.

I do want to apologize to you about the interent. I have contacted our internet provider and we will be getting that checked into right away. We understand how important it is for our guests to have good quality internet and we will make sure that we get anything wrong corrected to be able to provide you with the internet service that you deserve.

Brock Winkler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Burlington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here because I had an early morning flight out of MKE. They gave complimentary water and snack. I didn't stick around for breakfast. Room was clean and spacious. Wide range of cable TV stations. In room fridge and microwave.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Jamie P
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Jamie P

I wan to thank you for the comments on our hotel. We do always try to keep our hotel very clean with great service. I am glad that you liked the fridge and microwave in the room we always felt that was a littled added value for our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us!
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed two nights for a show I was preforming for in Milwaukee. Was in a king suite which was nicely set up. Had a separate small sitting room with a couch, desk and TV. The bed was nice and comfortable. Another nice large TV in the bedroom. Liked that there was both a refrigerator and microwave.

Location is a little hard to find if you don't know exactly where you are going. Didn't go to breakfast in the morning but the people in our group that did said it was good. There is also a indoor water park in the hotel. Good wi-fi and also there are computers and printers in the lobby for your use as well.

Good value for the money and here is my only complaint. The walls are paper thin from a noise standpoint. I was sitting in my bed and could easily here, word for word, the conversation that the guest in the next room was having with his wife on the phone.

Otherwise would recommend,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Cheesehead88,

Thank you for the kind comments about the hotel. We always try to provide great service with a great hotel. I am glad that we were able to do that for you. We are always excited to hear that we provide excellent service and the staff always tries the best they can to provide our guests with the best service.

I want to thank you again and we look forward to your next stay!

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We planned a quiet evening at this hotel with our small grandchildren to play and swim. We were looking forward to it until we received a phone call 5 days before our arrival that only 5 pool wristbands will be issued to our room and we could NOT purchase any more. The only way to get more was to book another room. Now our children and grandchildren live in Milwaukee so they visit us at the hotels we stay at and do not stay overnight. There was absolutely no other solution except to book another room according to the manager, Brock. Now, I totally understand having a policy in place - however this policy is NOWHERE on their website, NOWHERE on the reservation or confirmation. Needless to say we cancelled our reservation.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mrs_debe
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Deb,

I am very sorry to hear that you will not be staying with us. According to our new wristband policy each room does receive a specific number of wristbands. To better inform our guests we have been calling our guests the week ahead of the reservation to inform them of this policy change. We are doing this to make sure all our guests are aware that the policy is in effect in case they would like to change or cancel the reservation. We no longer accept people from the outside into our pool as of April 19th 2012 and this has limited the overcrowded in our pool so that all guests can enjoy the pool area.

We again apologize to you about the inconvenience and hope that you and others can be aware of the changes and what we are trying to do to better the guest’s experience.

Gillett, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We spent the night at this Holiday Inn after a meeting. We were greeted by nice friendly staff and were checked in fast. They are very family friendly with a wonderful pool area for everyone from young kids to adults. Our room was very nice with a refrigerator and microwave. Parking was good and free. It is close to the airport but very quit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Randy W
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Randy W,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here after your meeting. We are always trying to make people feel at home and we are excited to hear that you enjoyed staying with us.

We do have a very nice pool area that does allow for all our guests to use and im glad you were able to relax.

We look forward to your next stay in Milwaukee!

Thank you!
Rockford, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I like staying at Holiday Inns and similar chains because you usually know what to expect. All I need is a comfy bed and a quiet room and I'm happy. That said, the one thing that separates one Holiday Inn from another is the staff. From the front desk clerk that checked me in, to the airport shuttle driver, to the general manager Brock Winkler (sp?) who recommended a good local pizza place (di Carlo's is the name), I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating, which makes a big difference when you're a business traveler and often don't know a friendly face to chat with. Apart from the staff, I was surprised to find the rooms were nicer and more up to date than I expected, especially the bathrooms/shower. Maybe I was just having a good day (my business meeting went well), but I left the hotel feeling very satisfied with my stay.

PS The convenience and ease of the airport shuttle (and the hotel's proximity to the airport) cannot be overstated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rodney S
Dear Rodney S,

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We are striving to become the best hotel with the best service and your comments are going to go along way with the team members. I know they will be excited to hear that they have received a good comment.

I am also glad to hear you enjoyed the rooms as well as our shuttle services. We feel that it is a good thing for our guests as they can always take the shuttle to the airport and not have to worry about a thing. We try to make your traveling experiance less of a hassle.

Thank you again for staying with us.
LaPorte, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The room was clean the beds were comfortable. I just didn't like the breakfast. The pancake machine was down and the eggs were yuck! The hotel was a good price so I was satified with my stay. And I would stay there again. If you are going for the water park. The water park is just one slide and some water fountains that is all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mdzn5440
Brock W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear mdzn5440,

I want to thank you for your positve comments on our hotel. I am glad that you found the room and the beds comfortable.

I do want to apologize for the breakfast and the pancake machine being down. We are always trying to improve our breakfast and and suggestions are more then helpful.

Regarding the water park, we do not advertise we have a waterpark, we do have the slide and a few water features that make it enjoyable for familes.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your visit again!