We live about 5 miles from the hotel and just wanted a fun night out. We booked a room for Sat 2/18 and arrived around 3:30 for check-in. Two other families were joining us, and had requested rooms close to ours be added to their reservations, however when we all met up, they were on opposite ends of the 3rd floor and we were on the 2nd floor with a poolview room. Ok, not the end of the world, but just a little harder when everyone has younger kids who might want to go to sleep earlier. We all got ready and headed down to the waterpark a little after 4. It was fine when we got down there and not too crowded, but by the time we were heading up to eat dinner abour 2 hours later, it was getting very crowded and pretty hectic in the pool area. Everyone is suppose to have wristbands on, and we noticed not everyone did, nor was there someone checking at the door to make sure wristbands were on, so maybe that could have played a part in the overcrowding, who knows. But by the time we ordered pizza and would have went back down by 8pm, it just looked too crazy in there, at least for younger kids ages 6. 4, 2, and 1 so we hung out in our rooms instead. Breakfast in the morning was good, and it seemed they were trying to keep up with having everything filled like eggs, bacon, biscuits, etc. We did go back to the waterpark in the morning before check out and it was fine again, not too crowded. We noticed alot of birthday parties and larger groups, so maybe they should have a limit on the number of parties for the night, or limit the number of waterpark passes they give out (like the first so many reservations for that day get passes), so that it doesn't get so hectic in there. Or perhaps it would be best to come on a weeknight, or maybe even a Friday night would be better, if possible, you might have a little more space that way. We did like the hotel and pool area itself, everything seemed clean and kept up and it was a great size waterpark for younger kids...I just know we won't be back on a Sat night if we'd ever visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport is a 100% smoke free hotel. We are centrally located to everything in Milwaukee. Whether your visiting Milwaukee for business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport is the best fit for your plans. We are conveniently located less than 2 miles from the General Mitchell International Airport with 24-hour complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. If your visiting one of Milwaukee's largest businesses you are also just a stone throw away. Krones is less than 5 miles away, Rockwell Automation is only 6 miles, Miller Brewery is only 7 miles, Harley Davidson is only 7 miles, Cooper Power is only 6 miles, We-Energies is only 5 miles, Cessna Citation is only 2 miles, Patrick Cudahy is only 4 miles, and General Mills is only 3 miles away. TheHoliday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport caters to the needs of business travelers with such unique programs as: 3,000 Bonus Priority Club Points for stays of two days or more, see rates for details. Stay connected while away from the office with free high-speed wireless Internet with easy to use VPN access. Pool, gameroom & whirlpool hours are: Sunday 9 AM - 9 PM, Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 3 PM, Friday & Saturday 8 AM - 10 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Milwaukee Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee
- Holiday Inn Milwaukee