“Best in the area!”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Very good food. Great service. I'm a big fan and it's waaaay better than Seoul on prospect, making this restaurant the best in the East side.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Summary: A simply great dinner. I read the reviews and thought they were a little mixed and was shocked to hear people call it "pricey" given the prices I saw. I was impressed with the tasty food and service. I'll be back!
Our Order:
Kiwi Soju: A fermented korean drink similar to Saki but now made from potatoes. They serve theres with a fruit. The kiwi was easy to drink and quite sweet. Maybe a bit too much for me, but I still enjoyed it and my wife loved it.
Soo yook (pork belly): This was probably the only mistake. It was fine, but I was unimpressed by it and wouldn't get it again.
Dudbu Kimchi&Pork: My dish. A great balance of flavors and textures. It had a perfect amount of spice that might be a bit much for people who don't like spice. I couldn't stop eating my big portion and was tempted to lick the plate when I was done. HIGHLY recommend trying this.
Bulgogi: Korean BBQ beef marinated in some sort of sweet asian pear sauce. This was slightly sweet and delicious. My wife loved it.
The table sides: Mostly forgettable, I enjoyed the fish cake don't even remember the other two, but certainly didn't need them

Portions: Pretty large, and a good value for the price across the board.
Service: Mariana took care of us. She was helpful, friendly, and had a great smile all night. Over all very good.
Atmosphere: The place is fairly quiet with some K-Pop playing near the bar, but we sat in the middle of the restaurant and could barely here it. The decor is very nice wood accents old style oriental lights give it a very warm feel.
Parking: A bit of a pain as the streets are your only shot and they can be full up.

My only complaint was that I got there and they didn't have my open table reservation. I've never had that happen before. It wasn't a big deal and we got a table immediately anyway.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We enjoy walking to restaurants near our house and we will definitely be trotting back to Stone Bowl. First, it's a very pretty and comfortable place and at night, when they light candles, it's downright romantic. Our server was terrific. He explained everything patiently and was very attentive, without being overbearing. He cheerfully brought extra plates and refilled the relishes. The food, while perhaps not 100% authentic Korean, was very tasty and there were plenty of choices, including some dishes that the server suggested would be good for sharing. I have only two quibbles about the restaurant - the music is too loud (both times we were there) and when I ordered wine at dinner, the serving size was quite stingy. If they would down the music and up the wine pour, the place would easily rate another star.

1  Thank Farewell18
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Food: While not 100% authentic, it was still really good Korean food (nice and spicy) and large portions.

Atmosphere: Looks nice inside but DO NOT sit near the door in the winter - there is nothing to block the wind so every time anyone opens the door or holds it open for others you'll freeze if you're by the door.

Service: As others have said, the wait staff was overly friendly. They were also very attentive about our drinks. However, the place seemed really understaffed and it took about an hour to get our food.

RSVP: If you plan to visit for dinner, make a reservation. It wasn't clear when I called if we were actually getting a reservation or if it was instead call ahead seating, but when we got there we got our table right away.

Overall: Good food but they need to work on the service speed and controlling the temperature inside. I will go back, but probably not until I give them a while to work out the kinks or it gets warmer outside.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

On a recent Fri. night a small group of friends joined me on a trip to the Eastside to try Milwaukee's newest Korean dinning spot. We are all parents of Korean adopted girls, and have all been to Korea.
The interior has been redone very nicely. A clean modern look.
The place was very busy, but we had called ahead for reservations. The menu was well written, and the waitstaff was helpful. Three in the group wanted the Bulgogi, one wanted the U- don noodles. I was set on the Jap Che, one of my favorites. The Bulgogi was great. The U-don was okay, and my Jap Che was really good. We all had the Miso soup which has a secret ingredient! Included were three kinds of banchan (sides) cold potato salad,cold green beans,and cucumber kimchi. ( one of my most favorites). While not as spicy as some of the the same dishes we had in Korea, the flavors were a good replication of the dishes. I will be going back. If there were a complaint, it would be the long wait for water re- refills. We did mention our displeasure to the floor manager, she apologized and explained many of the staff that night were college people helping out that night, and we should stop in again .
There is a full bar, and nice new restrooms! Try it out.