“Avoid, go ANYWHERE else you'll do far better.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Serb Hall

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Avoid, go ANYWHERE else you'll do far better.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

My family and I too were completely drawn in to the advertising on the radio regarding the Serb Hall fish fry. My advice... AVOID IT. The portion size is fine, but the quality is terrible. Serbians obviously like flavorless, bland food.

We ordered the Perch (my normal favorite), my wife ordered the Serbian Style fish, one of our sons ordered the Icelandic Cod and the other ordered the Fried Chicken.

Perch: No flavor, wet, limp, disgusting.
Serbian Style Fish: If you can get over the look of puke on a plate you'll find it equally taste less. Perhaps some bile would actually improve the dish.
Icelandic Cod: My son described it as being "vulcanized" would make a good tubeless tire for a farm implement.
Fried Chicken: Tasteless and greasy.... what a combination.

Cole Slaw: Ahhh that's where the bile from the Serbian Style Fish plate went. It was acidic and gross.

Rye Bread: Very good. But I imagine this was not baked there as it actually had flavor.

Price: BUYER BEWARE, the old saying hold true: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

OVERALL: I guess the poor, drunk and chain smoking "Stallis Residents" have no taste buds, or somehow relive bygone days when Serbian Hall was 'something'. Personally for me, I'll stick with ANY of the Greek Restaurants or my favorite: Kegel's Inn. I'm not a 'stallis' resident so perhaps I'll just stay in New Berlin as we have a few restaurants that serve a far better fish fry.

Sorry Serb Hall, even our house cat turned up it's nose at your disgusting fish.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank C P

Greenfield, Wisconsin
“Awful wait times in the drive thru”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Been sitting in the drive thru for 30 minutes. Likely to be waiting 15 more min at this pace. Not the place to go if you are in a hurry.

1 Thank Hodges4422
Wisconsin
“Better Fish Out There”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Used to be good. Service slow, drinks small and fish just OK. There is a reason the dinner hall was only about half full. Used to have to wait to get in and the bar was always full. Go somewhere else.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mlewis1
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“What a mistake. This is NOT a place to go for friday fish.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

After waiting about 15 minutes to be served on a slow night where over half the tables were empty, I went to the bar to get myself a beer. Upon finding out I did this, the waiter called me a F...er right behind my back and aimed it to the older gentleman welcoming us in and myself. This must be a family run place, as the older man denied that the tall young waiter had just said this to me, tried to call him back, but the young man just walked away. If he were not a family member, he would have been terminated on the spot. Too bad that this place is run in this manner. When we left, not a word was said in appology from anyone, and it was just business as usual.

The fish is not great, for $11.95 with 3 small pieces of fish and a small bowl of coldslaw french fries with 2 pieces of bread per person, you can find much better food for the same or very little more at most places in Milwaukee. For the lack of manners by the waitstaff and manager or owner, this place should be avoided at all times.

We were in the area, had heard that they served fish and went to try it out. The half empty dining room on a Friday should have told us to stay away before we even sat down to order. Go someplace else. Don't make the same mistake we made.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank 40countrytraveler
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“The best sit down Milwaukee fish fry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Another one of my favorite places to go. Great fresh fish, great bar, good staff on board. Prices are very reasonable as well. Try the Serbian baked fish, with fresh veggies and sauces over it. Your monies also go to support the Serbian cathedral in back and the K8 school nearby. A great place to stop and can accommodate very large groups!

Visited October 2012