“Great, Fancy, Modern”

Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 1,566 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Prospect Avenue
Description: Bacchus offers contemporary American cuisine in a sleek, stylish space in the Cudahy Tower in downtown Milwaukee. Opened in 2004, Bacchus offers Milwaukee's most extensive wine list and a menu that changes by the season and emphasizes the use of local ingredients. Bacchus is consistently praised for orchestrating Milwaukee fine dining like no other top restaurant. Executive Chef Nick Wirth re-joined The Bartolotta Restaurants in 2007 after graduating from the Culinary Institute of America. General Manager Katie Espinosa is a Certified Sommelier and a Certified Wine Specialist whose wealth of wine knowledge is an incredible asset to the staff and guests at Bacchus.
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I wanted to go to a nice restaurant. The staff was amazing! We are only 23 years old and they never once treated us any different than anyone else. Our meal was 160 with tax and tip. Which we did not find that bad. He had walleye for his entree which was amazing, and I had the lamb which was delicious! To top it off they have the best wine menu! Though the best part was the desert he had molten cake and I had cheesecake, absolutely Devine! For a quiet fancy dinner this is the place to go.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary by trying a new restaurant. We selected Bacchus and we were not disappointed! We asked for a more private table and we were accomodated. When we arrived we were told "our table was ready" and we had a wonderful private booth with a card from the restaurant thanking us for celebrating at their restaurant. John, our waiter showed up very quickly and found the wine we like and Jennifer, assisting John was very attentive throughout the meal.

We each ordered salads, I ordered the Honey-Crisp and Ham salad over lettuce. The flavor was fresh and light. My husband ordered a Spinach Salad and it was one of the best he ever had.

For our entree we ordered scallops and fillet mignon. The flavor, amount of food and presentation was outstanding. We ordered dessert, I ordered a mint-chocolate tart with bailey's irish cream and vanilla bean ice cream. The flavors together were outstanding. My husband ordered the three sorbets and it came on a plate saying "Happy Anniversary" and a lit candle in one of the sorbet's. It was on the house. It was such as nice surprise!

From the matre'd to John and Jennfer, our evening there was relaxed, fun and the service and food were outstanding. It was upscale but not stuffy. I think it's one of the best restaurants in Milwaukee and we will return.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Dined there on Friday, 12/20. Arrived at the restaurant at the time of our reservation and was requested if we would like to go to the bar or directly to our table. I liked this approach because we were able to talk some what privately for about a half hour at the bar. We had the fried spinach risotto, excellent. We had a fricazee salad with truffles, wonderful. Entrees were scallops with Cauliflour and spinach and beef short rib, excellent. We did not have room for dessert, but had wine instead.
Based on the ambiance and the quality of service, the bill was lower than expected. I highly recommend this restaurant as it is one of the finest in Milwaukee.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I presented at a lunch meeting here and found the setup to be very well thought out. The only challenges I found were that the project they had was low resolution and screen was small but to their credit they provided these to us at the last minute which was amazing.

The food was very good and I sure if I ordered off the menu I would have found it to be outstanding. Everyone at the restaurant was very friendly and helpful.

I hope to go back here again when I make it back to Milwaukee

Reviewed November 27, 2013

A fine restaurant. The great parts are the service, the ambiance and the setting. I love a restaurant that doesn't pack in the people or make it so noisy you can't have a decent conversation. The Bacchus earns an A+ in this category. The food is very good but it still
misses that something extra special. I had the squash soup which was really good with a wonderful mixture of squash, curry and hint of sweetness. The salad I had with pomegranate and spiced walnuts was just ok. I had the veal ravioli for the entrée and they weren't bad, but not outstanding. My guests loved their scallops and chicken entrees. Desserts were good - chocolate hazelnut cake for one and cinnamon/sugar anglaise with "great" homemade pastry "lady fingers". . . .For the price and the food I would still go to Sanford -