“Clock Tower”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Clock Tower”
Reviewed June 12, 2009

I've also been in the clock and the view is amazing! I've lived in the Walker's Point Area all of my life and I can see the clock from my bedroom window :) I've always wanted to see my house from the clock, and finally had a chance a couple of months ago. The other reviewer was correct in saying that there are no public tours :( However, the wasy I was able to go in the clock was because they had an annual spaghetti dinner and it was open to the public. It was a fundraiser for something. At the fundraiser you could also take a tour of the clock. They have binoculars on the ledges and u can see pretty far in every direction. The spaghetti dinner was between March and April. I found out about it in a local newspaper. I don't know if there are events listed on their website, but that's where I'd look in the future. Or you could always call and ask about upcoming events.

1 Thank jayjay85

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Nice ot look at, but not open to the public.”
Reviewed June 7, 2007

The allen-Bradley Clock Tower is huge and is the world's largest, non-tolling four-sided clock (Big Ben tolls, so they say). It dominates the near south side of Milwaukee and is used as a directions marker by nearly everyone ("2 blocks east of the Allen-Bradley Clock Tower").

I've been up in the clock and it is cool. You can actually walk behind the faces. Above the clock faces is a row of windows--I've been up there, too. The view is spectacular.

Unfortunately, there are no public tours of the Allen-Bradley Clock Tower. You have to be an employee of Allen-Bradley (now part of Rockwell Automation) or be invited.

2 Thank MilwaukeeCol