“DISAPPOINTMENT FOR OUR HEROS!”

War Memorial Center
Ranked #56 of 182 things to do in Milwaukee
Reviewed August 15, 2013

For the great sacrifices made by our nations hero's, They are truly not honored. It left us walking away completely sad that it was not more! as others have posted, a few figurines, a pt model boat, which was nice... posters on the walls. that's it. done. not worth the 6 dollars to park. so sad. I would not go back.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This building is a wonderful stop if you happen to be in Milwaukee. It is a tribute to world war two and it is right on the
land next to Lake michigan. Beautiful building!

4  Thank mandymilwaukee
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My nine year-old nephew wanted to see more than a model of a PT boat and centuries of dolls in different uniforms. I know, for guys they're called "action figures." I found the lobby exhibit disappointing but as he'd never seen a museum I vowed to look into it further before his next visit. Turns out this Saarinen building (wow, to me) is used mostly for weddings and banquet space. There was no more to see. So of course we dragged nephew J next door to the Calatrava addition and art. He was so bored but I love it!

1  Thank thedoglady
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We recently visited Milwaukee during SummerFest as part of a large group with kids and some of us were worried about trying to view the fireworks from the lakefront shore area. After some research I found that you can purchase tickets for dinner and music atop the War Memorial Museum and stay to enjoy the fireworks. I didn't know what it would be like so we were pleasantly surprised to experience an AWESOME buffet dinner with very friendly servers and quick lines for all you could eat and drink (beer, wine, sodas). Some of the kids in our group made comments such as "I've never felt so important before" and truly we felt like VIPs. The gal who helped us buy tickets (Stacy?) over the phone was so very helpful. There was a major heat wave during the event but we had the lake breeze and the view was incredible. The only thing we were unhappy with, was during the fireworks display there wasn't any patriotic (or any) music audible at all. We are used to attending fireworks with nice music to add to the visual drama. MUSIC, PEOPLE! Otherwise this was FANTASTIC, well worth the money. We took a public bus from further away and after the fireworks the bus was right outside the museum.

2  Thank AdventurousMom63
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Great place to get married! Beautiful scenery and an easy venue to work with.

3  Thank Tracey1017