“Above average pub food”

Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,548 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Huge portions. Friendly service. Too loud though (it was pub quiz night). Yummy curds (a local delicacy).

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Large portions of food and very reasonable prices. Enjoyed the atmosphere with diverse crowd. I ate there a few times over the weekend and did not have a bad meal and always had great service.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

You simply cannot beat the ambiance and sense of history at Jackson's. The facility design is absolutely amazing and it is clean and well maintained. Attention to detail is obvious even down to something as simple as the wait staffs' uniforms or serving a 12oz tap of PBR in an authentic schooner goblet. Our waitress was stand-out excellent as well....very friendly, interactive, attentive, fast, and quick to offer suggestions. We rarely leave a restaurant where the waitress stands out as the highlight of the meal but that was the case here. Unfortunately, the food didnt quite hit the mark. Portions are very generous but the flavor wasn't there. We ordered a diverse selection and, in each case, the flavor just wasn't up to par. Our universal response to eachother was "bland". With some adjustment to the food, this place would easily has the potential to rate an "excellent".

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed one night in the attached hotel so had dinner at the bar before a concert. Great bar food. Nice selection of cocktails and beer. Bartender was super friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I went to Jackson's the day after they opened because of my love for the old PBR factory as well as an unconditional love for cheese curds. Just the thought of walking into an old factory where PBR used to be brewed and manufactured is enough for me. I am not a true lover of PBR but it is at least a one time must at Jackson's, plus it comes in an awesome thick glass. The first time I had the cheese curds, I was a little upset because they were a little bit too bready and you didn't get very many for the price. But in my recent visit (I go every time I am in Milwaukee) they were PERFECT. My boyfriend and I were asked by the waiter on our first visit what we thought and what might help them get more of a fan base. Turns out the listened which will always bring me back to the pub. The food is great bar food, HUGE sandwiches so come prepared or plan for lunch the next day. During the summer there is an outdoor sitting area where you can look up at the legendary PABST sign arching over the two abandoned factories.

Also, Jackson's provides transportation to Brewer's games if you decided to start the festivities early. A great perk that will allow you to drink and not drive. As well as pay those awful parking prices.

A MUST: Go into the newly opened Brewhouse Suites next door, even to just use the bathroom. The old copper stills are a part of the interior design and you just feel a sense of nostalgia and praise for those who took the initiative to put a hotel in the ol' PBR brewery.

I can not rave enough about this pub, it is so much fun, especially during Packers vs. Bears games. You can feel the energy and love from everybody in the room. I am not from Wisconsin and I was still jumping up and down and high fiving the waiter when the Packers would score a touchdown. A must for those who love their history!