“Great Location/ Great food/ free parking”
Review of John Hawk's Pub - CLOSED

John Hawk's Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I love this restaurant, they have a great selection of awesome food, and the loaction is great, down town, and right on the river. Theres tables inside and out, and there iis garage parking u can park in, that when you go to john hawks, they will give you a ticket for free parking ( regular $7 an hour). No searching for a paid parking spot.

1  Thank karyn k

Reviewed July 17, 2014

There was nothing extraordinary about this place. Food was adequate. Place is dark. Staff was ok. We wouldn't rush right back, but we wouldn't stay away either. If you were downtown Milwaukee there were a lot of other places I would seek out before this one for a burger and a beer.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

John Hawk's Pub has been around for a number of years and it is a great place for lunch or dinner or just drinks. A great view on the Milwaukee River and a walking area along the river in Downtown Milwaukee. If you live in the Milwaukee metro area or are visiting Milwaukee, a great stop for sure.

1  Thank Deb O
Reviewed July 11, 2014

NEVER COMING BACK. RUDE LYING STAFF / MANAGEMENT AND ROTTEN FOOD!!!! Save your money and your health and eat at the Rock Bottom across the river. Visited this place 3 times. The first 2 times everything went well, not so on the 3rd and last time. The sauce on the food my party including a pregnant woman received was left out in the sun too long and went bad. When we dared to complain the staff first lied about who the manager was and brought some older looking waiter to talk to us. This waiter then proceeded to be extremely rude to us. His attitude was "how dare we bother him with this crap." Then a new would be manager stopped over. According to her there was no manager on duty and she was off the clock and just happened to stop by. She offered us a comp, which we graciously accepted. But just then a rude short little woman showed up from behind the bar and entered her self in the situation. Yelling at us and threatening to call the police she said that she was (get this) the manager and that we have to pay for everything and then leave. After giving us rotten food then lying to us they then yelled at us made it all our fault. Eat at your own risk to your physical and mental health. 33% chance of food poisoning and undue stress are bad odds

1  Thank Eric P
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We come here on occasion, and the food is pretty good. My husband had the Rueben sandwich. It had a thick cut of corned beef, which was tender, moist and very flavorful. One of the best Rueben's in the city I think. I had the grilled chicken sandwich with swiss cheese and bacon. Again very tasty. We both had the creamy coleslaw, which was average, but I usually order it as a side.

My rating has more to do with the service this time. Although the server was friendly, he seemed a bit inattentive. We were there for lunch, NO dining guests were inside and only 3 tables (including ours) were occupied on the patio (which overlooks the river-perfect on a hot sunny day). I think he could have set our table with the silverware, condiments, etc without us asking and water should have been brought out or at least offered, especially in the heat. He did come back to ask if my husband wanted another beer, but he did not inquire as to how our meal was.

Will we go back? Yes, I'm sure we will, but there are many NEW cafes and restaurants popping up all over our city...just sayin.

1  Thank F J