“DEFINITELY GOIN BACK!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of John Hawk's Pub - CLOSED

John Hawk's Pub
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“DEFINITELY GOIN BACK!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I REALLY liked The Food, The Prices & The Ambiance/Decor!!

Visited November 2011

Dubuque, Iowa
“Great Location, Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I enjoyed an evening out on the Riverwalk with a large group of colleagues after a long day at the office. The atmosphere is slighly upscale pub, with access directly off of the Riverwalk and overlooking the river. Not the easiest to find, but worth wandering in.

I had the Rueben, which was average. The on-tap beer selection was not very good- 8 options, mostly local. Long list of available bottles, at least 80 or 90.

In one visit, I would characterize John Hawk's as an average english pub with good location, with potential to become more. Expanded on-tap selections (local) would be a upgrade.

A colleague recieved his burger nearly raw, which he had ordered medium-well.. otherwise the service was adequate.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank JoshuaClements
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Great view, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Watching boats on the Milwaukee River while enjoying a meal if quite nice. The food and service at John Hawks are good, but hardly great. After hours free parking is a nice benefit in the middle of downtown. Music on weekends is a nice feature. We especially enjoyed the group O2M at one of our visits.

• Visited November 2011
Milwaukee, WI
“Horrible wings, horrible service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I had a groupon to use at this restaurant, so I thought it would be perfect for dinner before a show. I've been to this restaurant before for happy hour, and I've never had a problem!

Last night's service was really slow, and there weren't many people in the place. My boyfriend's french onion soup came out pretty quickly, and he said it was on the salty side. We waited another 20-25 minutes to get our food from the time my boyfriend was served his soup.

I ordered the wings with buffalo sauce. It is a decent portion for the price. There were 9 of them, and they were a pretty good size. The sauce was horrendous. I was so hungry, and the service was so slow, that I ended up just eating half the order. I typically don't get reflux, but I was burping up those wings all night (sorry for the visual).

My boyfriend ordered the Au Poivre burger with provolone, and the waiter brought the wrong order to him. It was made with chicken. Fortunately, he got the correct meal in no time. Waiter's fault, not kitchen... He said it was good.

There are so many fabulous restaurants in Milwaukee, that I most likely would not return. At least anytime soon.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank mssnappy1972
New Ulm, MN
“Somewhat Hidden...Worth Finding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

You've got to look pretty hard to find this place (tucked in along the east side of the river in the basement of the Wells Fargo building...Wisconsin Ave). But, we found that it was worth finding. We sat in a spacious booth and found the atmosphere classy and yet relaxing/laid back. Prices were moderately high but about what we expected from a downtown establishment. There is riverfront seating so we're looking forward to going back when the weather warms up.

• Visited February 2012