“Great place to stay in Milwaukee”
Review of The Plaza Hotel

The Plaza Hotel
Ranked #11 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The Plaza Hotel was a great find - the building is quaint and in a lovely neighborhood, and there are full kitchens in each room. The water pressure in the shower was awesome, which is always appreciated. The staff was very friendly and helpful and I would recommend the Plaza to family and friends alike. I would most certainly stay here again when I'm in Milwaukee.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The only reasons I couldn't give the plaza a 5 are these:
The bathroom was small with no counters pace but that is to be expected in an older building
Also, we stayed by the back door and there is on on every hall, it was very busy on Thursday night

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The hotel was ok for a place to stay when everything else was booked. The building is old and had squeeky floors. They also charged me $50 for leaving the keys in the room when I left. I guess some ppl find old buildings full of urban people charming, but I felt a little unsafe. The room I had was on the first floor and the neighborhood has a lot of ppl
Lurking around looking like they are up to no good. I was afraid someone might break in to the room and assault me. I would would never stay there without protection.

• Stayed: August 2014
Amanda R, General Manager at The Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Clc12345,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at The Plaza. It sounds as though your visit here was not an enjoyable one. I am sorry that you found our neighborhood to be unsafe. Our location, while very close to the downtown, is quite residential and is one of the safest neighborhoods in the city. Regardless, we aim to make every stay with us an enjoyable one, and we clearly missed the mark with you. Should you decide to try us again, please contact me directly, so that we can be sure that you have a more positive stay the next time.

Thank you!
Amanda Ridout

Reviewed August 7, 2014

The rooms are small but have full kitchen amenities. I'd recommend requesting additional housekeeping if you plan to stay more than 3 days. I enjoyed breakfast at the cafe and the location is a short walk to downtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff. Loved walking area the area, it is beautiful! They have a parking lot across the street for $8 a day, very reasonable. I wish the courtyard was open and available all the time, it closed at 2pm when the cafe did.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Donna2500 -

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at The Plaza. I am so glad you enjoyed your time here! We have a great team here, and I will be sure to pass along your kudos to them. Please keep an eye out for an expansion of our cafe hours, which will allow our guests to enjoy the courtyard later in the day!

Thanks again for your great review, and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!

Best,
Amanda Ridout

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I love historic hotels, and the Plaza did not disappoint. It's in a quiet neighborhood and in good proximity to Lake Michigan and downtown. It's easy to get places on foot. And, most important of all, the hotel is an art-deco gem. I'll be back when I come to Milwaukee for the Rep.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed here on a vacation from the UK. We arrived a bit early to check in but Tracy pulled out all the stops to help. We also had great service from Karen who went the extra mile. It is a good walk into downtown but useful to help burn off some calories after eating. We went to the Public Market which was worth a visit and ate at the Milwakee Ale House which did well on both food and ale. Parking was $8 a day but that was good value compared to some other hotels. Highly recommended - in fact we changed our plans to go back there!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple