“Delicious”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Waconia, Minnesota
“Delicious”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Having lived outside of Wisconsin for the last two years we were coming back to town and our friends picked this place to meet for dinner. We were not disappointed in the least. Very courteous staff and the food was spectacular. I had read there are hit and miss times for this restaurant so had no idea what to expect. Each of us had a wonderful meal and then we split a huge desert and a couple bottles of wine and the price was just right! I will return here when I return to Milwaukee again.

• Visited December 2013

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Not Your Mothers Pot Pie!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We chose Prodigal based on their proximity to Next Act Theater and we were not disappointed in the least. The Appetizer was uniquely delicious -- a cheese dish with oven baked tomatoes served bruschetta style. Just yummy -- considered licking the plate! For the main course my wife had the Beet Ravioli salad which again was unique -- you wont find this salad on another menu. She loved the flavor and the serving size was perfect. I had the Rabbit Confit Pot Pie which our waitress assured me was delicious. . . . and it was. . oh soooo good. Check out the photo. Again a great portion size as the sauce is very rich. Desert was equally delicious. The waitress was very helpful, the manager stopped twice to talk and was not overbearing at all. Two final points: The tables are NOT on top of one another -- plenty of room in between guests. We loved that feature of this restaurant where the interior is about as unique as the menu. Also, the restaurant needs to do something about parking as this is a busy area with little parking available -- again, the manager let us know that they were looking at a valet service. Bravo! We will be back.

• Visited January 2014
Milwaukee, WI
“Lukewarm at best”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Sorry to spill the beans with the title. Lukewarm at best is what you could call the food we were served. Disappointing, especially since the menu sounded very appealing and we were told the chef used to work for the Bartolotta group. No way Joe B. would ever have this food leave his kitchen and make it to a table to a paying customer.
We questioned if the soup was supposed to be served at room temperature - which it shouldn't have. May I say that I was concerned about temperature control?! Entrees were lukewarm as well and fish dish seriously undercooked. Get your basics right before you open!!!
The waiter started to ignore us once the issues were apparent, but the Manager stopped by, listened and tried to fix the situation and wanted us to be happy, But I am not sure if I am willing to give them another try. There are too many other good restaurants in the city that serve truly excellent (and hot) food at similar price points.

• Visited October 2013
Milwaukee
“Great Place!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Prodigal's atmosphere is fantastic! The old barn boards have been refinished provide a fantastic ambiance that is incredibly fitting for the area (old 3rd/5th ward). As a bourbon drinker, the quantity and quality of their selection is very impressive. I'm not sure about their happy hour for the weeknight crowd (taps, apps etc.), but it would make both a great weeknight or weekend stop. Apparently, they have the former sous chef from Baccus. That definitely makes sense considering the fantastic food!

• Visited July 2013