“Excellent Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Excellent, authentic Italian food! I asked one of my Italian friends where to eat and this is where he recommended. I am definetely going back.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

When I lived in WI during the 80s, I loved this place. During a recent trip to this great city, I went back. What a great experience. It was packed at a time when most restaurants are just starting their evening. Stephanie made our experience great with her enthusiastic advice and prompt service. The veal, oh the veal....and I don't even like veal! The bread is wonderful. The atmosphere friendly. The menu was filled with items off the well-trodden path of the usual Italian fare. I didn't know where to start. I would go back in a hreatbeat.

2  Thank FrankieFile
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We've eaten at Caterina's probably 3 times over the years. All three times we have been impressed with the variety of choices on their menu and the quality of their food. I watch my sodium intake, so eating in Italian restaurants can be a challenge. At Caterina's you can order meals that aren't smothered in cheese or pasta sauce. On our last visit I ordered a pasta dish that had pasta, fresh asparagus, fresh tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, shrimp and other ingredients. I asked the waitress if I could have that prepared without salt, The chef was happy to oblige. The dish was delicious without any added salt just because of the combination of flavors from all the ingredients. Their homemade Italian bread is served warm with a small bowl of oil for dipping. The salad also is fresh and very good. Our waitress was very attentive. My only complaint is that the last two times we've eaten there they have been a little too quick clearing our table after we finished our meal. Our plates, silverware, placemats were all taken away immediately after we finished. This made us feel as though we were being rushed to leave, even though they were not crowded. Other than that, we were very pleased every time we've eaten at Caterina's

Reviewed January 18, 2011

Caterina's has been one of my favorite restaurants for years. The service is outstanding and I can't recall a single meal where the food wasn't excellent. While I stick with spiedini (my favorite), my husband/friends have sampled pretty many of the other menu offerings and we have always come away very happy. People seem to particularly enjoy the seafood/pasta combinations. The meal is started with fresh, warm italian bread and an antipasto tray that is very good; most meals come with soup, salad or both. My only complaint is that I have always managed to stuff myself too full to ever try dessert!

Reviewed August 29, 2010

We had the pleasure of enjoying another meal at Caterina's. We started the meal with a complimentary antipasta plate. It had mortadella, sausage, cheese and olive salad. Very good! We also enjoyed a crusty, fresh-from-the oven loaf of bread which was served with a wonderful olive oil infused with garlic and a side of cheese for dipping. For an appetizer we ordered escargot. It was rich, garlicky and buttery. We used the remainder of our bread to soak up the butter and garlic. We then enjoyed a nice chicken soup loaded with veggies and noodles. Next came the salads with homemade dressings. I had the French with blue cheese and the others had an Italian with cheese. They were crisp and fresh. One diner ordered 2# of crab legs. They arrived with drawn butter and had been split for easy eating. They were delicious. Another diner had an aged filet mignon, which was tender and juicy. Another had garlic pasta with shrimp and clams, also delicious. My favorite was the veal marsala, which came with two large veal cutlets and a tasty mushroom marsala wine sauce over angel hair pasta. The meals include the antipasta platter, soup, salad and entree. The meal for 4 with drinks was $200.00. The portions are generous, the entire staff is very welcoming and friendly, so I would recommend this restaurant.

Been to Caterina's? Share your experiences!