“Sunday brunch was very nice.”
Review of Cork 'N Cleaver

Cork 'N Cleaver
Ranked #205 of 1,571 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Certainly not your typical hotel restaurant, the Cork 'N Cleaver Restaurant has set itself apart for nearly 30 years as a signature dining destination with an extensive menu, generous portion sizes, and attentive service! From soups to sandwiches, from steaks to seafood, you are sure to find something to please everyone! Fridays feature our popular "All-You-Care-To-Eat" Fish Fry (choice of traditional beer-battered or baked cod) or ala carte plated Fish Fry. Includes your choice of French Fries or Potato Pancakes, Coleslaw, Rye Bread, and Homemade Applesauce! Additional menu favorites include Black Angus Steaks, juicy Hamburgers made from lean Black Angus ground chuck, Broiled Salmon, and our daily "Chef's Choice" gourmet entrées. Select wines and beers, craft cocktails, an adjacent Lounge, and personalized service all accent the wonderful culinary selections at the Cork 'N Cleaver! Reservations are kindly suggested. The Restaurant and Lounge are located inside of the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, which features 180 tastefully-appointed guestrooms and suites, nearly 18,000 square-feet of meeting/banquet space, spacious complimentary parking, and 24-hour Airport shuttle service. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Staff was a bit terse when asked to provide separate checks - other than this, they entire staff was very nice.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Nothing fancy here. The food is pretty bland and dull. Drinks are on the costly side. Not a very good beer selection. Located in the basement so my phone or laptop wouldn't get any service. If you are staying at the hotel it is worth checking out, but I wouldn't make any special arrangements to visit.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went last night (Friday 9/6/13) with a family party of eight. After one of our party asked about the chicken they used to offer with the fish fry, Chef Dennis said he was able to offer that to us just this one night in an wonderful gesture of service. The chicken was excellent, and the fish was very good. Potato pancakes, good, crunchy slaw and marbled rye rounded out the meal. Good, attentive waitresses as well - no complaints at all. Beat the heck out of our very mediocre experience at The Packing House two weeks ago!

1  Thank Geoff G
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Where do I start?! This was the worst experience at a restaurant I've ever had! When we first arrived there were dirty tables which I myself and other customers wanted to sit at one of the tables and the waiter had said they have been dirty since they pretty much opened, which was at 4 pm and we got there at 7pm! We sat and started reviewing the menu and asking our server how certain things tasted and he had absolutely no idea. We then ordered our food both me and my date did not like our first entrees so we sent them back. My date had just reordered the same thing (steak) and it came back the same way, but worse the second time. I changed my entree to something else and my meal also came back in terrible quality, I had lamb chops the first time and they sucked, so I tried the ribs and those were also terrible, they were tough as ever and definitely not worth the expensive price they were! So my date just didn't even want her meal at all so they had to take it off the bill. The manager was rude the second time and made a "joking" comment saying i should not share my food with her. The whole time we were there we were never asked if we wanted new drinks and other customers there were also sending things back! Our actual server barely even waited on us! There was a graduation going on in the other room and all you could hear was their loud Muslim music (no racism intended) we wanted to just get up and leave and could not get over how terrible this experience and the food was all night! I would NEVER recommend this restaurant to ANYONE!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I ate breakfast only, for two days. The food was good. It was typical breakfast food - pancakes, omelets, etc. The ambiance is not very appealing, and the servers were not overly friendly. Prices are as you would expect for a hotel restaurant.