“Nice savory food”

Dining options: Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice savory food”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Good value for money. The gyros are awesome. We prefer carry outs. Would efinitely go here again

• Visited September 2011

Mississippi
“Big portions, low prices and fantastic flavor”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We ordered the chicken platter and a gyro sandwich for lunch and it was enough food left on our plates for diner.
Huge portions do not diminish the quality of the food. It was really good.
The service was great.
For the amount of food they give you the prices are really low.
They also have a drive thru if you don't want to eat inside.

• Visited July 2011
Napa, California
“Pick Up Your Flight Food Here”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

You're on your way to catching a flight from Milwaukee Airport, and alas, airlines don't feed their passengers anymore. No worries--stop by Oakland Gyros. The food is excellent, and the prices are very reasonable. Drive through or walk in and get your "flight food" to go. Indoor seating is also available if you have time to kill before flying. My wife stumbled upon the place the last time she flew into MKE, so I had to try it. It's only about a mile from the airport check-in counter--go north on Howell and turn left onto Layton Ave. I enjoyed the beef shish kebab, which is a generous portion of hunks of grilled meat, un-skewered (so it will get through airport security) and loaded onto pita bread. Others have also recommended to me the gyros and the unique eggplant fries. Everything is accompanied by delicious sauces, packaged in separate containers, so that eating on the plane is not too messy. Oakland Gyros will be a must for me every time I go to or from the Milwaukee airport.

Chicago
“Great Sauce and Pita”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Two of the most important things to me in a gyro is the sauce and the pita. Both were dead on with Oakland Gyros. I love the added touch of giving everyone a squeeze bottle of the sauce when you order. I tasted the sauce plain and it had a nice yogurty-cucumber taste.

The meat, however, left a little to be desired. It seemed a bit dry to my husband and me. We both got the gyro plate - his with rice (which he liked) and mine with a greek salad (which was good).

Had the meat been better, I would have given this place a higher rating.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook