“good time”

Ranked #243 of 1,543 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Bay View
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was recommended this place by the staff at the Comet Cafe (I guess because it is the same owners).

Service: very good. I sat on the patio and my server was great.

Food: again very good. I ordered brunch. everything tasted hot n fresh. I also had a bloody marry that was very good.

Value: A little costly. The bloody Marry was $8 but was pretty much a meal in its own.

Atmosphere: Cool neighborhood. I sat outside and it was beautiful out there. Only complaint would be to move your trash cans away from the patio.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

It's too bad the menu changed so much!The lure of coming here was the variety of 'pub grub'! There are are far fewer options for vegetarians.Instead of pages of options, there are now far fewer entrees and choices. Sides are extra. The music selection is different and the pool tables are gone. It is as though the Palomino is trying to draw a new crowd but there were A LOT of empty tables for a Saturday night. The Club across the street looked busy. We'll cross our fingers that management brings back a more varied menu. Until then, our group won't return.

1  Thank kfn01
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Palomino recently reopened after being closed several months for remodeling. Fortunately, it still retains its funky charm but now offers more seating. The food has been upgraded too, but still includes some old favorites as well as vegetarian options. Sandwiches no longer come with sides, but you can order a number of sides to share at reasonable prices. We've visited twice in recent weeks with friends, and have to say that of everything we tried, the new mac and cheese is the biggest winner!! Brisket and pulled pork are very good. One night I had a salad with chicken that was very good. On my next visit I ordered the egg salad which was served with grilled bread that had a spicy olive oil brushed on it; I'm going to be hard pressed to decide what to order next time as all the dishes were good!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our group (9 of us) thoroughly enjoyed the neighborhood-bar atmosphere, good food and excellent service. It will be interesting to see it some months from now, as they are closing (end of this week, I believe), for 4-6 weeks for remodeling. My one complaint was that my Son had me eager for the Beef Brisket, but they were out - at 5:30 on Saturday night!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

If there was a 3.5 option I would give the Palomino a 3.5 but since I can't, I'll round up.

If you like eating fried food or better yet vegetarian fried food this is your place. The Palomino offers excellent (though artery clogging) pub fare. I highly suggest the sweet potato tots, the veggie burger and the regular burger they are pretty good! The cheese curds aren't bad either. They also have a pretty decent beer selection.

Here's the problem though... they have a sign to warn you to be patient when they are busy and I get it -good food takes a while, but does getting a drink order? They are notoriously under staffed and I just don't get it. They have to be able to afford a third waitress right? Just my 2 cents, and it's still not enough to keep me from going back, but it's worth noting if you are in a hurry.