“Our favorite Milwaukee Italian restaurant!”
Review of Sala

Sala
Reserve with OpenTable
Sala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #233 of 1,518 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Racine, WI
“Our favorite Milwaukee Italian restaurant!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

SALA has turned into our favorite Italian restaurant. It is billed on the menu as MODERN SICILIAN DINING. It is located in a residential area near the UWM campus. We decided to eat there on Saturday May 25 after attending the Brewers game. We arrived around 6:00pm and were seated immediately.

The waiter brought Italian bread( baked locally) and oil. The oil was laced with oregano and fresh Parmesan cheese. I, at times, add the ice cold butter that is served to the bread. The bread is always a treat. We started with a house salad for my wife and the crab cake appetizer for myself. Her salad was fresh, crisp and tasty. My crab cakes were hot and the spicy drizzle of red pepper aioli on the plate enhanced them nicely. Both were a very good start. My wife ordered a veal medallion special with a cream sauce which came with grilled asparagus. She loved it. I had one of my favorites, Chicken Scallopine ( two chicken breasts with proscuitto, gorgonzola cheese and and a sage beurre blanc sauce for the angel hair pasta that accompanied the chicken.) The sauce was perfectly added to the pasta. Not overpowering and not to light. I was able to take home half of my entree and had it for lunch the next day. It held up well. The bill which included 1 cocktail, 1 beer and coffee came to $71.35 before tip. SALA now also serves pizza and we always talk about trying one, but always end up ordering a full meal because they never disappoint. I saw one at a neighboring table and they do look good.

We highly recommend SALA.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank FrankieJ11152

Slinger, WI
“Now going by SALA!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

SALA, Sala da Pranzo's new moniker simplifies the name but not the food. Well meaning to say the food remains excellent as well as the service. The absolute best red sauce ever, and the choice of Starters offers a wonderful variety of flavors & it's hard to pick a favorite. From vegetarian to the tenderloin, we enjoy all if them. And always a unique choice of wines & drinks.

3 Thank MugaA
Slinger, WI
“It's happening at SALA!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

If you weren't there tonight , well you are not where it's happening. For delicious food. Hand crafted & gracious service to a large crowd. They got us in despite no reservation. We loved it.

New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Once again, a lovely meal!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Once or maybe twice a year, Two friends and I make the drive to Sala da Pranzo just east of UWM on the east side. It's a favorite reunion spot for us. Small, casual, with local artwork on the walls. I have never been disappointed in the food, the patience of the staff to indulge us as we catch up what's been going on, and the prices are decent. We can sit for a protracted length of time, and we have never been rushed to leave. Last night's waitress, Jordan, was a sweet, friendly young woman who knew her stuff and was gracious and helpful. We three friends will be back again in a few months. It's a lovely tradition. Oh, and I recommend the Bolognese, if they have it as a special, as they did last night. YUM!

1 Thank NuthouseNance
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A great family place!”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We visit this restaurant several times a month.

It is very unassuming but the food is meraviglioso!

No one has better daily specials on Italian food. The appetizer through the entres are all your best bet but anything on the menu is done very well.

I recommend the Beef Carpaccio but the Bruchetta are great.

The veal is always amazing and the Chicken Saltimbocca is also.

And the pizza they make, Boursin and Pepperoni, WOW!

Service is good and the owners are so attentive!

What a love.