“It's happening at SALA!”
Review of Sala

Sala
Reserve with OpenTable
Sala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #234 of 1,518 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Slinger, WI
“It's happening at SALA!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

If you weren't there tonight , well you are not where it's happening. For delicious food. Hand crafted & gracious service to a large crowd. They got us in despite no reservation. We loved it.

New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Once again, a lovely meal!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Once or maybe twice a year, Two friends and I make the drive to Sala da Pranzo just east of UWM on the east side. It's a favorite reunion spot for us. Small, casual, with local artwork on the walls. I have never been disappointed in the food, the patience of the staff to indulge us as we catch up what's been going on, and the prices are decent. We can sit for a protracted length of time, and we have never been rushed to leave. Last night's waitress, Jordan, was a sweet, friendly young woman who knew her stuff and was gracious and helpful. We three friends will be back again in a few months. It's a lovely tradition. Oh, and I recommend the Bolognese, if they have it as a special, as they did last night. YUM!

1 Thank NuthouseNance
“A great family place!”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We visit this restaurant several times a month.

It is very unassuming but the food is meraviglioso!

No one has better daily specials on Italian food. The appetizer through the entres are all your best bet but anything on the menu is done very well.

I recommend the Beef Carpaccio but the Bruchetta are great.

The veal is always amazing and the Chicken Saltimbocca is also.

And the pizza they make, Boursin and Pepperoni, WOW!

Service is good and the owners are so attentive!

What a love.

• Visited March 2012
“Always a treat”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We go to Sala Da Pranzo every once in a while. This time the menu had slightly changed. I was in the mood for Chicken Limoncello but it had been removed from the menu. The waitress said the kitchen would still make past items for regulars and sure enough the dish was exactly as I like it. The serivce, atmosphere and food was as great as ever.

• Visited February 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Were we at the Right Place?”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I read on Onmilwaukee.com that November was the 10 year anniversary of Sala, and there was a coupon on their website for 25% off the food bill. I had always heard great things about this place, so my wife and I decided to try it.

To my surprise, the best part of the meal was the bread- all the other food was bland. Olive oil w/ Grated Parm for dipping the bread- bland. Caesar salad- bland. Both pasta dishes- bland and bland. It was not that the food tasted BAD, it just did not have much flavor. A diner should be able to identify flavors in a well prepared dish. This was not the case.

My wife and I eat out 2-3 times per week, and frequent many italian places that are MUCH better than this- Il Mito, Mia Famiglia, and Ann's just to name a few. To all of you singing Sala Da Pranzo's praises, please try one of those places. I think you will notice a considerably higher level of quality, at similar prices.

• Visited November 2011