“The Fat Vegan is such a...”
Review of Fuel Cafe

Fuel Cafe
Ranked #292 of 1,520 Restaurants in Milwaukee
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The Fat Vegan is such a...”
Reviewed November 15, 2007

The Fat Vegan is such a great sandwich, I wish I was eating it right now..

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Aurora, Illinois
“Dedicated small business!”
Reviewed October 30, 2007

I was mega excited to stop into Fuel Cafe, as I'd visited it two years before with other friends and I'd loved it. Unfortunately, it has changed since then. First of all, it went non-smoking. I guess for some people that will be a plus, but not in my book. And not just because I'm a smoker, either... atmospheres change when smoking goes away. Secondly, I'm a big fan of "greasy spoon" diners, and I remember this little indie/hipster cafe smelling of foot the last time I was there, with poor ventilation and dingy table tops... and all of those aspects, when rolled together, gave Fuel a feeling like no other coffee shop I'd ever been to. No more stank. I also remember the coffee being quite tasty, and this time Brown and I were both disappointed with our drinks. On a couple positive notes, the walls were still covered with fliers of local events, and they were kind enough to let me put a stack of my business cards by their register (which I'm sure they'll throw away after reading this...). Eh. Things change.

Why should you visit Fuel? Because they're a small business who really cares about and supports their local community and indie scene. If you're a smoker, just go in the spring so you can sit outside.

In addition to Fuel, I'd suggest a visit to their sister cafe, Comet, which is also non-smoking, but has a clean, modern look to match their clean, modern air.