“Tony Bennett's songs brought back memories”
Review of Stackner Cabaret

Stackner Cabaret
Ranked #950 of 1,555 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We saw the opening of the Tony Bennett revue that featured three classically trained tenors and an excellent pianist. The entire show was filled with Bennett's songs accompanied by the pianist only. I didn't really care for the classical tone used for Bennett's pop favorites. The three singers were excellent, but their attempt at banter with one another appeared strained and a bit contrived. I think one singer had trouble remembering words, but in his defense, there are a lot of words to memorize. The pianist provided just the right amount of musicality to show the jazzy, bluesy sound of the music.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Stackner is a wonderful way to see great shows at a great price. The setting of the Stackner is intimate and comfortable. The servers are always fantastic! I have seen about 12 shows at the Stackner and I always enjoy my time there.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Beautiful old theater with wonderful shows and attractions. Saw 'Liberace", and the audience interaction was worth more than anything. The show was great and the costumes were like none I've ever seen before, even the actor himself said the same thing!! Getting to meet the actor after the show was a real treat as well. Amazing!!

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

This is my FAVORITE place to go for a live musical show! I have never left here feeling anything less than elated & upbeat. Very relaxed, cabaret style atmosphere where you can sit back & enjoy a cocktail or two & be thoroughly entertained. We did eat here for the first time last nite & the food overall was good, nothing elaborate but everything was nice and hot. Dining in has never been my priority for coming here, it's for the shows which are always OUTSTANDING! Staff is always friendly & accomodating. I give the Stackner a "10".

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Great place to eat before a performance. Menu is somewhat limited but more than enough options. Service is very attentive.