“Rustic, warm atmosphere with excellent food and service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chancery Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #589 of 1,535 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Last week, my husband and I had lunch at the Chancery Pub and Restaurant in Wauwatosa Village. I had never been there before, but my husband has had good food there, and suggested that we stop there. Good call!

My husband ordered the short rib wrap (hold the spinach) and said it was excellent. My oven roasted turkey, cranberries, and apple Panini was excellent as well, with its unique combination of flavors that went so well together. I especially liked the bread, baked with dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds in the crust.

The restaurant is inviting in a rustic sort of way; there are two dining rooms, a couple of private rooms, an atrium in the back, and a welcoming bar. Our server, Meg, was helpful and provided good service in an unobtrusive way.

The menu is quite varied, with starters, salads, pasta dishes, burgers, sandwiches, wraps, skillet meals, and seafood, and a number of signature dishes. If you order a fountain drink or coffee with your meal, you can ask for one refill “for the road,” which is a nice gesture.

The Chancery can also be found in Kenosha, Milwaukee, or Mequon. I am looking forward to our return visit.

There are newer reviews for Chancery Pub & Restaurant

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Six of us went for dinner on Thursday night. There was no wait at 8 p.m.

The Chancery has quite a few locations in the greater Milwaukee area and suburbs. We've had a better dining experience at the one in Waukesha.

Hubby ordered the tequila margarita special with no salt. The drink came out loaded with salt on the rim of the glass. He wiped the salt off the rim and said that, salt notwithstanding, the drink wasn't that great. I ordered the house pinot grigio, which wasn't great either.

We ordered chicken quesadillas and the chicken mac and cheese (without chicken), to share. The quesadillas were good, but the mac and cheese tasted more like a carton of salt. I was gulping water all evening attempting to quench my thirst, after consuming far too much salt.

Our server was new, and she did a good job, but she goofed up our credit card payment. The tab was $36 and change, but the credit card authorization came back as $39 and change. We had to send it back for correction.

We'll stick with The Chancery in Waukesha. They've switched to a healthier menu, with hormone free/antibiotic free beef and chicken.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Hadn't been to the Chancery in years, as the service and food were less than desired on a previous visit. Went with our two adult children - food was much improved; service was excellent; will consider going back again

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very disappointing meal all the way around. Food was inedible- covered with a thick hoisin sauce (chicken lettuce wrap). Other entrée (chicken pita wrap) was soggy and cold when served.
This used to be a place that always had consistent food. Not anymore. The competition in the area has killed the Chancery.
We will not be returning.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This used to be one of my family and friends quick and convenient places to eat. The offer of $2 hamburgers gave us a reason to go back. The burgers are $2 in the bar, but wait ads cheese $1, fries $2 and domestic beers $4. A couple of weeks before cheese was 50 cents. Done with this place as they look for the quick dollar and screw long time customers instead of making you feel wanted. Other village options.