“The service distinguished itself as the worst I've ever experienced.”
Review of Japanica

Japanica
Ranked #246 of 1,547 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2011

The server was sullen and rude from the beginning to the end of our lunch. At first, we were so surprised at his behavior that we had to laugh. When we asked a question about the soup, he said "You have no choice! You get this one." as he jabbed at the menu. He served the soup and salad at the same time. We had just begun to eat them, when he brought the rest of our lunch. He sort of slammed the dishes down on the table as he delivered the food. We had to request forks. We were not given water. We ordered tea. We got one cup, not a pot of tea. He never asked if we would like refills or if we needed anything else. After we paid, he slammed the receipt on the table, and said, "Thanks, guys." It seemed that being our waiter had really put him out. As for the food, most of it was OK. The soup looked like a bowl of water with one mushroom slice floating in it. Actually, my friend's soup didn't even have one mushroom. Our hibachi lunch plates had huge amounts of rice which filled more than half of the plates. There was probably a cup or so of vegetables or meat on the rest of the plate.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

Japanica is hidden off 76th street behind office depot. Upon being seated you'll find that the place is decorated very nicely and that the staff is very polite.

I have ate here many times and have enjoyed the food. A few things to note though. 1. The refills do cost money. 2. The staff can be somewhat neglectful at times after you have received your food.

I'm a huge fan of the food here though. I would eat this their specialty rolls everyday if I had the money for it. I would suggest ordering out and dinning at home to save money. You just might be able to get a extra roll then!

Reviewed August 15, 2009

My husband and I have been there a few times they had some good food but their Sushi was great (I'm not a big fan of Sushi but at this place I found one that I can enjoy)

Reviewed July 28, 2009

GROUP OF 5 FRIENDS WENT TO DINNER AND WAS REQUIRED TO PAY GRATUITY - DESPITE POLICY INDICATING GROUP OF 6 OR MORE=AUTO GRATUITY. SERVER PROCEEDED TO INDICATE 1ST TIME GUESTS THAT THEY HAVE BEEN IN SEVERAL TIMES AND FAILED TO TIP, SO THEY ADDED A TIP THIS TIME. SERVER FURTHER PROCEEDED TO BERATE, EMBARASS AND ARGUE WITH GROUP. NEVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN WILL WE GO OR RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 13, 2008

the party boat is worth the $

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook