“Extremely picky, but passed!”
Review of Japanica

Japanica
Ranked #252 of 1,508 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Extremely picky, but passed!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am very picky on the places I typically dine at, especially when it comes to sushi. Living in Milwaukee, it is incredibly hard to find decent sushi no where near a coast. Letting go of my sushi freak status for one night, my boyfriend and I decided to try his favorite sushi place, which happens to be Japanica.

Walking in, I was very skeptical, the decor was mediocre, but the staff was very prompt and delightful. My immediate thought was a glass of wine!! The wine selection wasn't the greatest, but doable.

We ordered edamame, which you can't really do wrong, and 3 specialty rolls. All which were a great size, great taste, one poorly rolled, but definitely will return.

• Visited July 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“The Best Japanese Food In Milwaukee”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I love Japanese Steak Houses and this is by far the best one in the Milwaukee area and I have tried them all (I think). We go here for lunch quite often and the price is very reasonable ($10ish) and that includes soup, salad, fried rice, veggies and whatever meat or seafood choice you make. The chefs are typical but entertaining and the soda is bottomless. Dinner includes a shrimp appetizer and larger portions. I cannot bring myself to eat sushi but based on comments from others I have reason to beleive that is very good too. If you go online or check ValPak you can even get a discount on your meal. It is also a fun place to go with a group.

• Visited July 2013
WI
“Okay, but not a Repeat”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The menu was varied, nice atmosphere, good wait staff. I thought the food was average, and somewhat pricey. I don't believe I will return.

Visited January 2013
Burlington, Wisconsin
“Finally What We Have Been Looking For!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Since moving to the Milwaukee area my husband and I have been trying to find some decent sushi. After trying multiple places and being very disappointed, we heard about Japanica. We were pleasantly surprised. Finally, a restaurant with properly made sushi. Fish was fresh, rolls were the correct size and tasted great. We will definitely be back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ashley16nicole
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“First experience at hibachi in Milwaukee area”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Took my family here for granddaughters birthday and thought it was excellent. have not been to hibachi in Milwaukee area before so was happy to find an excellent place. Service was good, my husband had the hibachi red snapper and it was the best. Chicken and filets were also good.

• Visited February 2013