“Really wanted to like it but...”

Pitch's Lounge & Restaurant
Ranked #397 of 1,503 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Bar, American, Barbecue, Pub, Soups
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Chicago, Illinois
“Really wanted to like it but...”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been to Pitch's twice in the past few months. The first meal was good - had the sicilian steak and ribs combo. Steak was very good, the ribs were pretty tender, but I was not a fan of the bbq sauce. I know sauces can vary from place to place, Pitch's was more tangy-sour. I was with a bigger group of people and the waitstaff seemed to have trouble bringing everyone's food out on time. One person's burger was medium rare (ordered well done).

The second time unfortunately was worse. I had the sicilian steak sandwich. Most steak sandwiches come on a hoagie bun. This one came on two slices of white bread, the same bread that they put out on tables in the bread basket! Others we were with ordered the filet/shrimp combo and the filet actually came out butterflied. And those were well done too. The shrimp were overcooked as well. I was excited to get the hashbrowns but unfortunately they were so oily I couldn't eat them. At first I thought it was butter, but no just oil. The service was ok.

Overall, I think this place needs some quality control in the kitchen. For the prices of meals, they just don't put out a high quality product.

New Jersey
“Out of Town, But Treated Like A Regular”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We (group of 3 out of town guys from NYC) recently visited Pitch's and had a great experience. We were looking for a unique Milwaukee local establishment and this was a hit. Excellent food and and laid back atmosphere. It seems like Pitch's has its regulars and it was nice to get treated like them even though we were from outside of Milwaukee. The manager drove us back into town after our meal which was unnecessary as we were going to call a taxi, but very kind. We will recommend this establishment to others in the future.

2 Thank DAHAWK
Madison, Wisconsin
“Still great after all these years”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It had been quite a few years since I had been here, but on a recent trip to Milwaukee we stopped in for dinner. The ribs are great as I remember, but the real treat is the fried eggplant--something I find hard to find outside of Milwaukee. The eggplant is done perfectly, crispy and firm, not soggy like other places. Great atmosphere from a time where ambience and service were a requirement, not a luxury.

1 Thank mdrose310
Greendale, Wisconsin
“A terrific Italian Restaurant with great Ribs”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

This Italian restaurant serves great ribs and is a real Milwaukee treasure. The prices are very reasonable, portions are good size and the wait staff is very friendly. Is a very cozy and comfy restaurant in the Brady Street District. Definitely a place to go for a good meal.

1 Thank Jjdimot4107
Santiago, Chile
“Good food, but beware!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

They charge 2 dollars for a tiny glass of coke full of ice with no refills! The waitress keps asking if we wanted more coke and we ended paying a lot