“Awesome find in Milwaukee!”
Review of Crazy Water

Crazy Water
Reserve with OpenTable
Crazy Water is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 1,534 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Walker's Point
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was traveling with a group for business when we stumbled upon Crazy Water for dinner one night. I am so, so glad we did!! The ambience was very relaxing after a long day of work, and the food. . . ah, the food. I had the duck breast, which was perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, and the server directed me to a delicious potato au gratin side dish when she learned that I couldn't have gluten, so the normal pasta side wouldn't work for me. There were also braised greens that I loved, despite not normally being a fan of cooked greens. I had an excellent creme brûlée for dessert as well. My companions were equally pleased with their meals (steak, seafood) and desserts (two shared a plate of cookies that looked amazing).

If you're in the area, get thee to Crazy Water for a wonderful meal. If you are fortunate enough to live there, go OFTEN. I wish I could!

2  Thank luv2cats72
There are newer reviews for Crazy Water

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I tried Crazy Water. We both had fish and loved the flavors and texture of the dishes. We went back the next night and enjoyed the food even more. This will be one of our go to restaurants for a high quality food experience.

1  Thank rfortel
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We asked a local before coming to Milwaukee where she would recommend us to dine. I am glad we went to this place, for the pretty decor, cozy and homey environment, and pretty good food. The menu was very creative, nothing short of the overused term "fusion food" but in a good way. We both are very interested in food from diverse cuisines and we could tell the cook must be highly knowledgeable of foods around the world. The problem is we ordered too much... 3-4 appetizers and a main dish was more than we could handle, which means the portions were very generous, and that's a good thing! However as we were stuffing ourselves with too good food to leave, it hit me that the food was a little too rich, aside from too much. So if you do go here, do not order too much and try balance out rich and light dishes. The price was surprisingly low. I would recommend this place.

1  Thank poofersdream
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Had their shrimp with chorizo. It was wonderful. Can't wait to go back. My husband had scallops. Their flavor was amazing. Fun restaurant. Great staff.

1  Thank GTownMom
Reviewed May 18, 2014

As others have mentioned, the food awesome, and the atmosphere is rather vintage. The place is very small, so reservation are probably good to have. The kitchen is next to the bar at the front, which I think is pretty cool. It's a very small kitchen, so it makes sense that it takes a while to get your food once you've ordered (it's actually incredible that two guys can make such great food as quickly as they do in the space they have). However, the service was completely lacking. It was not service with a smile. After getting the wine list the waitress literally never came back, but it wasn't because she was busy, it was because she was standing near the bar yawning, getting herself something to drink, and talking to other workers. Again, it's a small place so it's incredible that she didn't notice us staring her down. So great food, inexcusably poor service. Definitely try it, but there are other good places in Milwaukee with better service.