“Tasty empanadas & soup”

Cross street: Wisconsin
Bronx, New York, United States
“Tasty empanadas & soup”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went to Cubanitas for lunch one day during a short visit. They had great black bean soup and spinach empanadas. Not a lot on the menu for a vegetarian (it is Cuban food after all), but I was impressed with what there was. And, I asked... no lard in the black bean soup.

Orem, Utah
“Try the Cuban Sandwhich”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I decided to try the Cuban sandwich and was thoroughly impressed! The spices were really yummy, and the portion size was just right. I didn't get a chance to try anything else.

Western Springs, Illinois
“Great cuban sandwiches and setting”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Perfect spot for lunch. Great cuban sandwiches.
Inside of the restaurant had a lot of character of an old, historic building and a great outside seating area too.

Waterloo, Iowa
“Delicious lunch”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were in Milwaukee for pleasure, and decided to have lunch at Cubanitas. We started our lunch with Bloody Marys, which were delicious! They were spicy, so be sure to ask for a mild one if you cannot tolerate much spice.
Our sandwiches were great - I had the Cuban, and my husband had the daily special. They were both delicious. The atmosphere was also very pleasant and the staff was friendly.

• Visited June 2013
Connecticut
“Cubanitas - Cuban Festival !”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friend was performing at the festival so we arrived a bit early to the restaurant. The restaurant has great Cuban-bohemian atmosphere. Staff is really friendly. The Festival is free to the public. Their section of the street is closed for the event. You can buy a bracelet that will give you access to the buffet. I was very impressed with the croquetas... considering that it was "mass production" food (for the Festival) I expected the food to be a 5 out of a 10 but I was pleasantly surprised when every thing on the plate was excellent. I highly recommend the croquetas! As for the Mojitos... I was disappointed (heavy on the ice, mint was not crushed, not enough alcohol...etc.)... there were being made at an impromptu bar on the sidewalk. The performers at this year were really great... salsa, son montunos, mambo, etc. They had a short salsa dance class and a demonstration of Cuban dances!

• Visited May 2013