“Good drinks, average food”
Review of Cubanitas

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wisconsin
Reviewed October 11, 2012

For a hip looking little Cuban place in downtown Milwaukee, I have to say I expected more.

There were only two fish items on the menu, and no strictly vegetarian ones. I ordered the tilapia, and it was a little overcooked and quite salty. My husband got the shredded pork, and it had a pedestrian flavor and was a little tough. All in all the food was edible, but nothing special.

They did do drinks well, though. My daiquiri was enormous and tasty.

I didn't regret going, but I wouldn't make a point to return.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

A relatively small place with a bar and tables in one open area. The food was good, as was the service. A little loud and a slight odor from the drain at the bar but would still recommend it, especially at the low prices.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

By far one of the best restaurants in Milwaukee, small and intimate, fun and the food is amazing. I am never disappointed anytime I go here. They have the BEST cuban sandwich and their entrees are all fantastic. Make sure to order the plantains and guacamole and don't miss the mojito......FANTASTIC!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I lived in the Cuban Quarter of Miami as a young girl. I really missed Cuban food. The fried plantains(platanos) are fabulous. Sliced longways and perfectly fried and served with fresh guacamole...they are to die for. Typical to Cuban cooking they serve mostly pork and chicken. I had the pork with mojo sauce with black beans and rice. It was scrumptuous! Nice selection of Cuban desserts...Key Lime Pie, Flan and my personal favorite ...Coconut IceCream. Everything we had was excellent!

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We stopped for a quick lunch during our three day stay. The daily ceviche was flavorful and fresh(shrimp and scallop). My husband ordered the ribs and enjoyed them. The daquari I ordered was perfect and larger than expected! During lunch you order at the counter then sit down and they bring out your food. The service was very prompt.