“Best Cuban Food....don't miss the Mojito's!!!”
Review of Cubanitas

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wisconsin
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best Cuban Food....don't miss the Mojito's!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

By far one of the best restaurants in Milwaukee, small and intimate, fun and the food is amazing. I am never disappointed anytime I go here. They have the BEST cuban sandwich and their entrees are all fantastic. Make sure to order the plantains and guacamole and don't miss the mojito......FANTASTIC!!!

• Visited September 2012

Racine, Wisconsin
“A Little Trip to Cuba in Wisconsin”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I lived in the Cuban Quarter of Miami as a young girl. I really missed Cuban food. The fried plantains(platanos) are fabulous. Sliced longways and perfectly fried and served with fresh guacamole...they are to die for. Typical to Cuban cooking they serve mostly pork and chicken. I had the pork with mojo sauce with black beans and rice. It was scrumptuous! Nice selection of Cuban desserts...Key Lime Pie, Flan and my personal favorite ...Coconut IceCream. Everything we had was excellent!

Visited May 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great lunch”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We stopped for a quick lunch during our three day stay. The daily ceviche was flavorful and fresh(shrimp and scallop). My husband ordered the ribs and enjoyed them. The daquari I ordered was perfect and larger than expected! During lunch you order at the counter then sit down and they bring out your food. The service was very prompt.

Newman Lake, Washington
“Shocked at the lack of flavor”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We met another couple here for dinner, we were all excited to get some Cuban food here in Milwaukee, I was anticipating it for a couple days. We were shocked, and not for a good reason...

We ordered the guac with plantain chips - by far the best thing we ate all night

We then ordered some picadillo and espinica empanadas - The ground beef was unseasoned, the spinach was well spinach with no real flavor, both were big misses for us all

For dinner we had a couple sandwiches and a couple platos

The cubano and el pollo were served on good bread, apparently flown in daily from the east coast. That is where the good stops. The cubano was ham, pork and swiss. The mustard might have been non-existent. The sandwich was something I could have made at home in two seconds, it had very little flavor. The pollo seriously tasted like a McDonald's chicken breast sandwich. I think the chicken was the frozen kind. Once again no taste

The two dinners were pollo tropical and the ropa vieja. We all shared bites, and the ropa tasted like shredded beef with tomato sauce, nothing more or less. The pollo had no tropical taste at all. All meals came with rice and beans, we had both red and black and both yellow and white rice. I must say, it didn't help that their was no flavor in the beans... not that we expected it.

Overall, I can't say how disappointed we were, we had a nice time though, but the food was not what we expected. We are die hard foodies, love all sorts of food, the spicier the better and the more exotic flavors the better. You will not find either here, and that is sad.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank dsl82899
Dekalb, Illinois
“Awesome mojito”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very good mojito. Ambience decidedly caribbean. The food was good enough to please my very picky MOM and that my friends is quite an accomplishment. I say this because as good as it was I still think my mom can make better beans and better croquettes but listen- NO ONE can top those so please don't hold that against this restaurant. At the end of the meal she enthusiastically said she would move to Milwaukee for this food alone. Nuff said.

• Visited August 2012